Out-In times and date problem

rooijen

Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
8
Hi Neal,

I just upgraded to 1.9. At the same time I switched from duration to Out-In time input (so when version 2 arrives I don't have problems with the duration in hours/minutes). At the moment I am busy on earlier dates to correct these times.

Problem is when I typed all those times on earlier dates and saved in the windows style panel with the Close button the program only remembers some of the input the next time it starts. Randomly the input data has disappeared and the old situation remains.
At the same time when I typed in the Out-In time and for some reason have to re-open that panel again the date switches.

For example:

At first the date is 8-5-2001 after re-opening and closing that panel it becomes 5-8-2001. Could this be because the date format on european computers is different compared to the US computers? I would really like to keep the european setting.

I am not sure if this is a version 1.9 problem or a general thing because with earlier versions I only used the duration time instead of Out-In.

Thanks for your time

Greetings

Fred van Rooijen
The Netherlands
 

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
12,574
Location
VA
Hello Fred,

Let's take this one piece at a time, slowly and clearly so I can figure out exactly the issue.

1st, go into the Windows Control Panel and then Regional Settings, the Date tab and tell me what your short and long date formats are.

rooijen said:
Problem is when I typed all those times on earlier dates and saved in the windows style panel with the Close button the program only remembers some of the input the next time it starts. Randomly the input data has disappeared and the old situation remains.
For the issue above, is it only partially displaying the information, in other words there are still values in the OUT/IN...block fields, you just can't read it, or, is the data simply not there after entering, then hitting the CLOSE button to close the Windows Style Log?


rooijen said:
At the same time when I typed in the Out-In time and for some reason have to re-open that panel again the date switches.

For example:

At first the date is 8-5-2001 after re-opening and closing that panel it becomes 5-8-2001.
When you say you 'type it in' is this different than using the included calendars and up/down arrows?

I will see if the format issue exists, as it should adopt your computers Date format settings.

I'll look into this and see what I can find.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com
 

rooijen

Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
8
Hi,

Here is some more info on the questions you just asked me.

> 1st, go into the Windows Control Panel and then Regional
> Settings, the Date tab and tell me what your short and long
> date formats are

The short date format is 10-2-2003. The long date format is maandag 10 februari 2003.

> For the issue above, is it only partially displaying the
> information, in other words there are still values in the
> OUT/IN...block fields, you just can't read it, or, is the data
> simply not there after entering, then hitting the CLOSE button
> to close the Windows Style Log?

When I enter the data and close the Out-In panel the times are displayed. After hitting the Close button and looking again at what I just entered or when I start the program again there is nothing and the old situation remains without the entered times. As I said randomly, some entered data is displayed, some is not.

> When you say you 'type it in' is this different than using the
> included calendars and up/down arrows?

I am adding the Out-In times to dates where in the past I had already entered the duration. Because of this the date is already set to that specific date so I don't alter the calendar.

Greetings Fred
 

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
12,574
Location
VA
Are you sure you aren't seeing the Windows Style log in 'new entry' mode when you open it? To verify, after it's opened, click the LAST RECORD button on the nav bar. It looks like >|

I'm investigating.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com
 

rooijen

Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
8
Quick response.

I indeed start in the new entry mode. But with the pull-down menu I go to the specific date and edit the entry. Judging your response I guess this isn't the right way to do it?
 

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
12,574
Location
VA
that's good information to help me look into it. I suppose if you are editing an entry from some time ago, that may be the only way. However, for finding records of some time ago to edit, I recommend using the Spreadsheet Style system. With that said, can you also try the spreadsheet system and see if it is not working for you either? The block time entry panel is shared between the two, so that will help me pin this down.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com
 

rooijen

Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
8
Ok I will try this.

One question about the spreadsheet style system. I don't get an option to input the Out-In times (or take-off and landing). I only get a pull-down menu where I can adjust the duration in 0,1 increments.
 

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
12,574
Location
VA
rooijen said:
One question about the spreadsheet style system. I don't get an option to input the Out-In times (or take-off and landing). I only get a pull-down menu where I can adjust the duration in 0,1 increments.
Not true, actually on those four fields, when you click in them, it will show a button, which you click and it will bring up the same entry system as in the Windows Style.

I have duplicated the bug you reported by setting my system to the Dutch format. This will be resolved in the next update. The bug I verified is the date format. I haven't duplicated an issue of it not saving changes yet, but I'm looking into that now.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com
 

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
12,574
Location
VA
Fred,

I'm happy to report I verified your bug report and found and fixed both bug issues. They did apply to both the Windows and Spreadsheet Style logs, and have been corrected. I will e-mail you when a patch is available for you to download.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com
 
Top