Palm Logbook improvements

jcanepa

I really like the destop software for Logbook Pro! Very well laid out and easy to get at the information I need. Great work!!!

I do have a couple of wishes though. I would really like to see an improvement in the Palm software that interfaces with it.
Namely:
1) User definable views, i.e. I should be able to choose what type of entry method: OUT-IN Time or Decimal, I should also be able to select what fields to go where in a view. Right now it is VERY difficult to key in times by have to select the page. Ultimately I would like to have one screen that I can enter all of my times and even comments into.
2) Popup menus for hours, i.e. .1, .2, .3, .4....1.1, 1.2 etc
3) Popup menus for aircraft N-numbers, the routine should also automatically fill in the type of aircraft
4) Popup menus for frequently used routes.
5) The Palm should have ALL of the pilots logbook on it.

These seem to be common features in other Logbook programs, I would certainly love to see them in yours.
Thanks again and good work!

J Canepa
Canepa AeroService
CFI

Can you please make the palm version a spreadsheet layout or have it as an option? Pluse what the first post in this thread says. before you come out with version 2 of the desktop app.

Need Palm improvements.

I would have to agree with the above "needed" palm improvements. Pop up menu's would be a MAJOR improvement and almost a necessity. Also, I was very disappointed after getting my palm software and learning that it did not include the full logbook information. It would be great to look up previous flight information on the PDA. I don't know if that's a memory issue but I have been using other palm logbooks and it doesn't seem to be a huge drain on memory, especially with newer model palms.

I'm very satisfied with Logbook Pro software but I think that the Palm version could use some major improvements. Reading other post I know that I am not the only one who considers the Palm logbook to be an integral part of Logbook Pro.

Looking forward to seeing the next version.

Last edited:
Back