PDA WIzard does not Import

Make sure you have specified a default Aircraft on the APDL configuration page. Try By Leg or By LogPage, opposite of what you're using and see if that makes a difference. If using APDL Palm OS, make sure you have 6.0.3 on the Palm device, go to a month and make a change, tap S then Done then HotSync and retry the PDA Wizard.

NC Software said:
Make sure you have specified a default Aircraft on the APDL configuration page. Try By Leg or By LogPage, opposite of what you're using and see if that makes a difference. If using APDL Palm OS, make sure you have 6.0.3 on the Palm device, go to a month and make a change, tap S then Done then HotSync and retry the PDA Wizard.

I did all of that and it still doesn't work. You can't get a pda log file either since it crashes each time. The file is only generated if the synch is successful.

Try uninstalling Logbook Pro, reboot, rename C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro to C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro-OLD. Install 1.10.24.

If that doesn't work, please fill out a support ticket and provide details about your PDA using, versions of the device OS, software applications that are installed, etc. I'll be able to assist further when I learn more of your configuration.

NC Software said:
Try uninstalling Logbook Pro, reboot, rename C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro to C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro-OLD. Install 1.10.24.

If that doesn't work, please fill out a support ticket and provide details about your PDA using, versions of the device OS, software applications that are installed, etc. I'll be able to assist further when I learn more of your configuration.
I think this was posted in the past but I can't login with my account. I did a new registration and it always says invalid username or password.

I am running Windows XP Pro I have a Sprint Treo 650 and the latest versions of all of your software. I also have the latest updates that Sprint offers for the phone. What else do you need??? This is the error received when the synch process locks up. If you click on the X to manually close the synch process this usually appears. I even tried creating a blank logbook and synching. The crash still occurs.

lp_pro_error.gif

I don't see an e-mail address in the users database using your hotmail address. Try re-registering to submit a ticket on the helpdesk. If that doesn't work, just send an e-mail directly to support@nc-software.com and it will come through. I'd like to get a backup of your data file as well (File..Archive..Backup) so send the .BAK file please.

Folks,

I deleted all of the files in my Palm backup directory other than the current and future month archive. When I ran the APDL report function with the Synch function it now worked. However, it looks like I can no longer put the older months back in to run reports off of them. That is ok with me... So you might want to try this if you are having problems with the report feature.

ckole said:
Folks,

I deleted all of the files in my Palm backup directory other than the current and future month archive. When I ran the APDL report function with the Synch function it now worked. However, it looks like I can no longer put the older months back in to run reports off of them. That is ok with me... So you might want to try this if you are having problems with the report feature.
We found a problem with the APDL Report generation system and it will be corrected in the next few days.

The Microsoft Jet database can't find a record in the table 'tblAircraft' with Key ma

I'm having the same problem with my Treo 650 with this great new PDA wizard. I have all curren updates and the Microsoft Jet message comes up and the screen freezes. It does work if you uncheck 'generate APDL reports' as advertised in an earlier thread. Is the fix coming soon? I'm wondering why I needed that update. It worked fine before. Hope you can figure it out soon Neal. We'll all be very appreciative. Thanks from an otherwise satisfied customer.

-Jay

FYI: I also tried submitting a work order and never got a reply. I'm guessing some Tech difficulties in that department as well from what I hear others saying.

I'm using 1.10.25 and 6.0.4 version of APDL. Logbook Pro still freezes when I use the PDA wizard with GENERATE APDL REPORTS checked. Are you sure it's fixed? I haven't installed a new version in 6 months or so before I installed 1.10.25. In fact, before I downloaded this one, I was still using single sync tool. I checked for updates and it said I was using the most up-to-date version. PLEASE HELP.

-Jay

Jay,

It sounds like you have a corrupt PDB or DDD file (depending on the PDA you're using). Submit a support ticket and we'll investigate and get it cleared for you. Yes, we are 100% positive the APDL Reports issue is fixed and we have no known issues in Logbook Pro OR APDL finally! If there is a corrupt file that we're trying to read, then there can be a problem, but it's external to our software and we'll see what we can do. We'll communicate via your support ticket once you create one and we'll go from there.

And is there anyway to get rid of "Crew:" in the remarks section when using autofill to add crew to the remarks section. It wasn't like that before and I want to keep my logbook consistent throughout. It looks funny when I have a thousand entries in the remarks section without "Crew:" and then all of the sudden I start putting it in.

-Jay

Jay,

First, make sure you do NOT have SingleSync installed. If so, uninstall it from the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area. In the PDA Wizard of 1.10.25 you can map the columns on the right side of the APDL configuration page. This controls the information coming in and whether you want it to go to its own custom text field, append to remarks, or not sync at all.

Missing flight times when Sync

When hitting hot sync, several trips go missing when sync from APDL to logbook pro. For instance I flew from 7/1-8/4 but I am missing trips in logbook pro from 7/20-8/1; therefore I have to enter it manually
Any thoughts?

Make sure you have the latest version as listed here:

http://www.logbookpro.com/VersionInfo.aspx

You can verify after launching APDL on your PDA by tapping the menus Options...About

Make a small change to any log page in the month you're having a problem with then ReSync to your PC and re-run the PDA Wizard in Logbook Pro.

Partial download

I am have a problem getting all my data to sync. Several months will not download, I have tried changing the data, but it didn't help. Any Ideas?

Make sure your date filter is set correctly so that the PDA Wizard is picking up the flights within the defined date range. You may want to try setting "Date on or After" and choose the first date you want to import.

If still no success, please fill out a support ticket and include the versions of your software and also provide the PDA Wizard Log File (PDASyncLog.txt) which can be saved at the end of the import.

Back