Pocket PC Installation Problem

smatheny

Hello - I have a new Ipaq 3970, which I'm still trying to get the hang of. My PC, that I attach my Ipaq to, is running Logbook Pro version 1.9.1, Windows XP, and contains my 'clone' data (not the master). The PC is new and has plenty of hard drive space and memory. I'm trying to install the Pocket PC Companion software onto my Ipaq. I'm getting 'not enough storage' errors - the 'memory' screen on my Ipaq says the following...

TOTAL MAIN MEMORY

STORAGE
Allocated: 31.62
In use: 8.58
Free: 23.04

PROGRAM
Allocated: 31.56
In use: 9.59
Free: 21.97

I followed your 'Pocket PC Installation' instructions without a hitch. The status window(from ActiveSynch) that shows the progress of the data transfer appears. After it finishes though, I get an error message on my PC, which says the following...

'Even though the transfer was successful, some of the tables transferred will not be synchronized. To see details, choose the Show Log button.'

After clicking OK, the following message appears 10 minutes later...

'Database synchronization failed: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
An error occurred when synchronizing Pocket Access databases with Microsoft Access databases. To see details, choose the Show Log button.'

Pocket PC Companion (unregistered thus far - 29 days to go) on my Ipaq starts up just fine. However, when I click on 'Logbook', it gives me the following message...

Error Code: -2147206496
Description: The table you are trying to access does not exist.
Source: afDatabase

After all this, I noticed in your support forum I need to have 'Booster' installed on my Ipaq, which I guess I do not. I'm having problems with their website and have not been able to install Booster on my Ipaq yet. Is that what is causing this whole problem? Also, I'm curious how much memory Pocket PC Companion requires. Thanks.

The Booster is part of the installation of Logbook Pro, you just have to license it to use it beyond 30 days.

I'm not sure about your storage warning, however, the other is most likely a configuration error, i.e. not configuring the database location per the help file:

\Program Files\Logbook Pro\Logbook.cdb

You did check the 13 tables, correct?

Also, install to the default location?

I would uninstall using ActiveSync 3.6 and uninstall the software from the PDA and give it another shot.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

I've uninstalled and am reinstalling as you recommended. To answer your questions, yes I made sure everything was checked and I chose the default location. In the 'Import from Database to Mobile Device' window (where I'm supposed to type the path \Program Files\Logbook Pro\Logbook.CDB), the following appears...

tblAircraft
tblCertificates
tblCurrAssignments
tblCurrConfig
tblCurrGroups
tblCurrItems
tblCurrTitles
tblCustom
tblDates
tblDupTimes
tblEventExpiration
tblHistory
tblJeppPreset
tblJeppPresets
tblLayouts
tblLog
tblMGOEntOldWorldPreset
tblMGOEntOldWorldPresets
tblMGOEntPremierPreset
tblMGOEntPremierPresets
tblMGOEntUniversalPreset
tblMGOEntUniversalPresets
tblPalmCurrency
tblPalmLookback
tblPalmStats
tblPalmSummaryBar
tblPreset
tblPresets
tblPWD
tblQC
tblRatings
tblSummaryBar
tblUserData
tblV16

These do not match what your instructions say (PDAAircraft, etc.). I assume this is a problem - what do you think the problem is?

And confirm you are running 1.9.1??? If those tables are missing, something is wrong, but not to worry, I'll e-mail you the procedure to rebuild them.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal

Thanks for the prompt responses - I'm impressed. It's rare to experience such great customer service. Yes, I'm running 1.9.1. I'll await your email. Thanks again.

Back