Printing New Pages

waldof15e

I really like the new version - it has solved many of my printing woes - thanks. Here is my question: I am attempting to print new pages for mynext logbook and want to pick up where my previous logbook left off. When I select print of the dates that I want, the "totals this page", "Amt. Forwarded", and "totals to date"at the bottom don't carry over - they start all over again. Is there any way to fix this or do I have to select "all data" for printing and print the date series I'm interested it? I don't really want to do that because it's not as clean as I would like. Thanks.

You will need to click the All Data and then only print the desired pages. You may also, depending on the report style, want to consider different page number options, such as not using them, etc.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Is there still no way to do this? I would really like to start my next logbook printout where the other one left off without reprinting the entire thing. Is there any way to print from a custom start date, while still carrying forward totals from all data? If I just use "all data" then I am restricted to using the exact formatting from my previous logbook, as well as starting from a given page break. Can the page breaks be customized by date to solve this?

Last edited:
Is there still no way to do this? I would really like to start my next logbook printout where the other one left off without reprinting the entire thing. Is there any way to print from a custom start date, while still carrying forward totals from all data? If I just use "all data" then I am restricted to using the exact formatting from my previous logbook, as well as starting from a given page break. Can the page breaks be customized by date to solve this?
I printed my complete logbook to a PDF file, this way I retained the page numbering, formatting and which sides the pages would fall. Then just take the PDF to your local print place (I used Kinkos who also has an online account thing where you can upload the file before you go and then it can be accessed from their self-use printers). I took my special Cirrus logbook paper with me and the Kinkos lady helped me get the orientation right with some test prints with blank paper. Once that was all set I made sure I chose 16lb paper and which page to start on - be sure to determine that on your home computer before you leave for the printer.

I printed my complete logbook to a PDF file, this way I retained the page numbering, formatting and which sides the pages would fall. Then just take the PDF to your local print place (I used Kinkos who also has an online account thing where you can upload the file before you go and then it can be accessed from their self-use printers). I took my special Cirrus logbook paper with me and the Kinkos lady helped me get the orientation right with some test prints with blank paper. Once that was all set I made sure I chose 16lb paper and which page to start on - be sure to determine that on your home computer before you leave for the printer.

Thank you, but this does not solve the problem. I would like to start printing from a given date, not from a page number.

Run a report with ALL data then use your print dialog to print desired pages (page range, i.e. 400-Last Page)

Thanks for your response. I guess it is not possible to do what I am trying to do. It would be nice to be able to print from a selected start date while checking a box to "include all data in totals", thereby populating the carry-in fields in the totals column. I'm surprised Logbook Pro doesn't have this feature.

The reasons for this are to be able to change formatting (margins, etc) from a previously printed logbook or to separate printed e-logbooks by date or milestone (ex. transition to part 121, etc.). Right now I will have to repeat data on part of a page and carry-forward totals won't match. Unless I can choose a date or specific line entry for a page break, there is no way to do this... surprising.

It should carry forward if you didn't make edits prior to your last printed page. We do this all the time with turn-key printing services. Take for example you print pages 1 thru 100 and 100 is half page. Now you come back months later and want to print again. You reprint the last page since it's now full and go from that point forward to the end. You should not change margins or formatting, it should be consistent with the last printing.

It should carry forward if you didn't make edits prior to your last printed page. We do this all the time with turn-key printing services. Take for example you print pages 1 thru 100 and 100 is half page. Now you come back months later and want to print again. You reprint the last page since it's now full and go from that point forward to the end. You should not change margins or formatting, it should be consistent with the last printing.

Again, thanks for the response. The problem with the times carrying forward is not with the data, but with actually wanting to end a book on a specific date (half way through a page, for example), and then starting a new book on another page. This would be helpful in finishing a logbook at a specific milestone (changing jobs, instructing, part 121, etc.). Since I no longer have room in my full size elite binder for more pages, it would be nice to find a meaningful end point in that book to use in presentation of multiple logbooks.

Furthermore, my last printing of my logbook used larger margins than necessary, which equates to many more printed pages. I would have liked to have been able to adjust these margins going forward, without having to reprint my entire logbook.

Again, I think it would be an easy fix to have an option of allowing all data to be carried forward, while starting a report on a specific date. Perhaps in a future update.

Thanks for your time.

If you are ending a logbook then just end file and create another file (logbook). No times would carry forward so if you wanted to carry forward PIC you should make an entry for previous PIC which would be the entire total. This way your values would still be correct in the new logbook and you would still have values you could calculate for applications.

Again, thanks for the response. The problem with the times carrying forward is not with the data, but with actually wanting to end a book on a specific date (half way through a page, for example), and then starting a new book on another page. This would be helpful in finishing a logbook at a specific milestone (changing jobs, instructing, part 121, etc.). Since I no longer have room in my full size elite binder for more pages, it would be nice to find a meaningful end point in that book to use in presentation of multiple logbooks.

Furthermore, my last printing of my logbook used larger margins than necessary, which equates to many more printed pages. I would have liked to have been able to adjust these margins going forward, without having to reprint my entire logbook.

Again, I think it would be an easy fix to have an option of allowing all data to be carried forward, while starting a report on a specific date. Perhaps in a future update.

Thanks for your time.

If you set the binder format in Options > User Info to FULL SIZE then when running your report in the split-style report series Logbook Pro will advise you that your printed pages will exceed the binder capacity and if you allow it to generate binder transitions it will handle it for you giving you a new blank cover page when starting the next binder set (when clicking the button on the toolbar in the combined tab area for cover page/transitions). You can generate the "cover page" report to print on this blank page later or design your own.

As you probably had 1 inch margins in the past and a few years ago Logbook Pro changed to 1/2 inch top/bottom margins you can easily adjust this. Run the split-report and then on the lower left click on the LEFT pages tab and then page setup, set your top and bottom margins to 1 inch (NEVER change left/right margins). Now do the same for the RIGHT pages tab and now your report has the margins as before.

Back