Printing

BE40

Hello,

I have been playing with my Logbook for several months on the computer. Recently I have been thinking of buying a Logbook from Mogent. The Old world style is what I want to get.

My question(s) is; if I buy this binder, can I print out on normal paper and cut to fit. If so what should I set my margins at?

Also I want to print out in the custom template that I made that way I was able to take out Heli, Glider and put other useful info in place.

Haveing said that I was also wondering if the easiest, best solution to printing was buying the pre-formed paper that Mogent sales.

Also can my Lexmark Z53 inkjet printer print in Duplex, I have been unable to find that option. If not what would be the best way to print so I can insert the pages in the Logbook to read like a standard hard copy Logbook.

Sorrry for asking so many questions but I have been saving them up for a month or two. Tks for your time

Note: My Lexmark Z53 seems to pull the pages down very aggresivly, causing them to sometimes feed crooked. I believe this will give me a problem trying to do a professional job.

My question(s) is; if I buy this binder, can I print out on normal paper and cut to fit. If so what should I set my margins at?

You can print on normal (8.5 x 11) paper, and the margins will be set automatically. The key is you have to use the MGOent style reports available under the report menu in 1.6.232. You'll see three styles, Old World, Premier, and Universal. You can also create custom templates for each of these custom layouts. Again, the margins are already preset for you, it's not recommended to change them. Please refer to the help file (Help...Contents) to read more.

Also I want to print out in the custom template that I made that way I was able to take out Heli, Glider and put other useful info in place.

You can use the custom template designers for the particular style, i.e. the Old World template designer.

Haveing said that I was also wondering if the easiest, best solution to printing was buying the pre-formed paper that Mogent sales.

Yes, these pages are nice, they are perforated, pre-hole punched, and heavier bond so less able to tear.

Also can my Lexmark Z53 inkjet printer print in Duplex, I have been unable to find that option. If not what would be the best way to print so I can insert the pages in the Logbook to read like a standard hard copy Logbook.

You can try a 3rd party solution for duplex printing such as FinePrint from www.fineprint.com which is also included on the CD-ROM if you purchased a CD when ordering Logbook Pro.

Hope this helps.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

The reason that they don't recommend that you change the margins is that there is a bug in the program. If you change the margins you can't change them back. The program sets them to random values that change on their own. I purchased the leather binder and can't use it because of this problem. I was first told that there a fix would be out in April, then June, still no patch!

The issue has been resolved in v1.7 and is due out very soon. There is no reason to change the margins, once you do, it may in fact be hard to get them right again in v1.6.232 unless you contact support on how to reset them. v1.7 is being finalized now with the PDA companion feature.

Thank you for your patience.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal/Kevin thks for your quick reply. I have a check ride in Feb 03 so I am in no hurry for a print out hard copy. However I don't want to wait till the last min. either.

When I print out sheet one and then refeed that sheet in to print out the 2nd sheet i noticed when looking through the page the reports were way off and would never be able to be cut and fit in a small binder. So I changed the margins (before I posted my previous question) and had better luck. However it's if my printer pulls sheets in to print so quickly that it gets them off a little and the lines were not square with the other side. Oh Well.

I guess what I will do is check out fineprint ( and by the way i did not by the CD) and see if I can get a better Print job with its help.

Kevin, I guess I should hold off on buying a binder untill there is a better fix for printing? The only thing is MOgent is running a better cheaper price on all the binders till July 31st.

What to do, What to do?

Thks for all your time and advice

I wish I would have taken a printing class in college. Haha /forums/emoticons/confused.gif

When you display your report you need to click the small white 'option' icon on the toolbar and if you intend to print front/back (duplex) you need to check the align for duplex printing option.

HTH

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back