Problems Importing Some of my Spreadsheet Logbook Columns

Narwhal

Hi,

I recently started using Logbook pro and have all my data entered into a spreadsheet. Several Columns are giving me problems during the importation process.

I have one column for "approaches" in my old logbook. Here I simply list the number of approaches conducted for that entry, rather it be 1,2,3,10, etc. I don't differentiate between what type of approach it was nor do I particularly care.

On the "Configure Import - Last Step" window when I try to label my approach column as a ***Custom Counter Fields*** I get an "Invalid Selection! This is not an acceptable selection, please choose another item from the list." message. Therefore, I am not able to import this column.

I also have Multi-Engine, Turbine, and Tailwheel Columns. These should all be ***Custom Time Fields*** in my view but I can only choose one column to be a ***Custom Time Field***. Even then, the one I choose to be the custom time field does not show up.

Is there anyway to get these old columns to work in my new logbook? If so, could you please tell me how, thanks!

Also, how do I fill in the "aircraft configuration summary" report?

Lastly I can not get the "window style" logbook view to work at all. When I click on "windows style" I just get the loading icon for a few seconds then nothing happens.

Hello,

On the "Configure Import - Last Step" window when I try to label my approach column as a ***Custom Counter Fields*** I get an "Invalid Selection! This is not an acceptable selection, please choose another item from the list." message. Therefore, I am not able to import this column.

The ***Custom Counter Fields*** is a separator. If you created custom fields in the Options...Custom area PRIOR to importing they will be available in this section.

I also have Multi-Engine, Turbine, and Tailwheel Columns. These should all be ***Custom Time Fields*** in my view but I can only choose one column to be a ***Custom Time Field***. Even then, the one I choose to be the custom time field does not show up.

Aircraft Category & Class, etc. are NOT logged in Logbook Pro as a data column. Instead you configure the Options...Aircraft area with all of your types, here is where you specify the aircraft specifics, and then when you log a flight such as C-152 for 1 hour, Logbook Pro will automatically determine it is a ASEL event. Reports and the Analyzer will determine this information automatically so you don't have input errors with redundant and unnecessary input. Please see this newsletter article for more info:

Logbook Pro Newsletter - May 2007 Edition

Also, how do I fill in the "aircraft configuration summary" report?

This report is automatically generated once you begin logging flights and your Options..Aircraft area is completed.

Lastly I can not get the "window style" logbook view to work at all. When I click on "windows style" I just get the loading icon for a few seconds then nothing happens.

Try uninstalling Logbook Pro, download the latest version from our web site, then reinstall and see if the problem remains.

Back