Setting margins for printing?

Wankel7

I am going to print out my logbook to go into a post binder I am getting from staples.

bwlj0667.jpg

I have a feeling I am going to need as much space in the ends of the paper. So for the left page I will need extra space on the right side of it. And for the right page I will need extra space on the left side of it.

I went to page setup and this is the best I can do.
helpit.jpg

The problem is I need gap "A" to also be on the right page. So I have extra space in the middle.

How do I do this?

James

Here is what my page setup looks like. Why is there no option for the second page? Or does LBP consider it all one page?
helpme2.jpg

Ok, I went to the split report section. There it seems to treat the left and right pages as separate when it comes to , "page setup".

However, when I try to change the right side's page setup it will not let me change the right margin. I want it to be 0.5". However, it automatically is changing back to default which appears to be 0.585" I can't change it. What gives?

Ok, this still isn't working

I have the left page perfect.

Left 0.5" Right 1.0"

However, the closest I could get the right page to was (At least look the same as the right side on paper)

Left 1.42" (Any more and it turns into two pages) Right 0.586 ( I can not use 0.5" the software wont let me)

How come I can not make the righ page have the same margins as the left?

Please help I am trying to get this logbook printed.

James

Hello James,

I will have to investigate the issue, and if found, log it for a later maintenance release. In the short term, your better option may be to export your report to Adobe PDF then use Adobe Reader to format your report as you'll have more control over the page formatting, etc.

Hello James,

I will have to investigate the issue, and if found, log it for a later maintenance release. In the short term, your better option may be to export your report to Adobe PDF then use Adobe Reader to format your report as you'll have more control over the page formatting, etc.

I exported my logbook into two PDFs. One for left one for right.

However, I do not see any options on Adobe PDF for altering margins. Maybe, I am just missing it? I do not have the full version of it though. Is that the reason?

Thank you for checking into the issue. Hopefully , it is a quick fix.

I believe the problem you are running into, now that I think about it, is that you have a fixed with element on your page that has to be printed. For example, the entire rectangle of the printable data (your logbook info) must be the width that it is displayed. Changing the margins is not going to compress the information that needs to be printed, it can only remove white space to the left or right, if available. The only option you have is to use something like Adobe or FinePrint that may be able to reduce your printed output. Otherwise I see no other option. You'll have to experiment, hopefully I've given you a few pointers to get you headed in the right direction to accomplish your goal.

When you do a split view...how come there is no option to have the first page of the left side be blank? That is only when you do the other types of logbooks?

I exported my logbook into two PDFs. One for left one for right.

However, I do not see any options on Adobe PDF for altering margins. Maybe, I am just missing it? I do not have the full version of it though. Is that the reason?

Thank you for checking into the issue. Hopefully , it is a quick fix.

Wankel7,

How did it turn out. I'm trying to do the exact same thing. I know that a friend of mine did it about a year ago and, after much experimentation and frustration from the people at Office Max, they were able to get it done. Did you just swap margins and save one for left and one for right? Did the 1" margin give you enough room for using the post binder? I'd really like to hear how it turned out.

Thanks.

dingle page printing

Hi
I have printed my logbook out on single page 8.5 * 14 paper and enclosed it all within a four ring binder. It came out real nice with even margins all round but took a lot of tweaking. It works with my HP printer. Went to the interview and they didn't even ask to see the logbook. Not to worry only spent about 15 dollars on whole project. Anyone interested post your email and i'll send you instructions...by the way got the job
John

Hi
I have printed my logbook out on single page 8.5 * 14 paper and enclosed it all within a four ring binder. It came out real nice with even margins all round but took a lot of tweaking. It works with my HP printer. Went to the interview and they didn't even ask to see the logbook. Not to worry only spent about 15 dollars on whole project. Anyone interested post your email and i'll send you instructions...by the way got the job
John

curious, did you print in landscape or portrait? if you did print in landscape, please send me instructions to
mvill6atyahoodotcom.

thanks

Back