Suggestion: trip view as default startup screen

pcohen

I'd love it if when I launched the app it displayed the trip view for the current day, or if the current day is between trips, the next trip view. 98% of the time that's what we want to see. Your APDL title page is nice, but I'd rather have quick access to the current schedule without having to select it from the menu.

It is possible to use the status board as the default startup screen on resume. This can be enabled in settings/notifications.
Although at first it may seem like the status board is not a good screen to start on, it can actually be quite useful and quick to use the app from this screen. You can enter flight data by tapping on the active flight widget. I was not a believer at first but after using it for a few days I found it quite useful.

Give it a try for yourself.

http://docs.nc-software.com/display/APDLDOCS/Notifications+Settings

http://docs.nc-software.com/display/APDLDOCS/Status+Board

At this time it is not possible to customize the startup screen to a different view. However, this is planned for a future update.

Last edited:
Just tried it and it is actually worse, since requires more touches to get to the trip view from the status page. There is no way to get to the trip view from the status page, only the leg view, so I have to go back to the menu anyway. I'd guess most users want to start with the current or upcoming trip view first.

I'd love it if when I launched the app it displayed the trip view for the current day, or if the current day is between trips, the next trip view. 98% of the time that's what we want to see. Your APDL title page is nice, but I'd rather have quick access to the current schedule without having to select it from the menu.

The app will resume to where you last used unless you have it resume to the status board (Settings/Notification) which is default ON. This doesn't always work if iOS is running low on memory such as with older devices in the iPhone 4S / iPad 2 realm. What device are you using?

Back