Time format

Scottjk

I'm new to Logbook Pro. I'm wondering if there is anyway to set the time in the program to read Zulu time instead of what my PocketPc is reading as my local time. I know I can set my PocketPc to Zulu but I would rather leave it with my local time zone.

Thanks

Scott

Scott,

You should be able to 'enter' time in any format you desire. What's important is the TO/Land, OUT/IN are relative to the same time zone, not what the local time is of the device.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

I would like to be able to use the 'tap' feature so I don't have to manually enter the times. Basically what I want is the program to automatically enter the current Zulu time when I tap the boxes.

Scott

Scott,

It recognizes the local device time, therefore you would need to set your device to the time zone desired. There is no option to offset it for Zulu (GMT) nor is it in the plans for any of the 1.x updates coming.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

NC Software said...
Scott,

You should be able to 'enter' time in any format you desire. What's important is the TO/Land, OUT/IN are relative to the same time zone, not what the local time is of the device.

Ok, thanks for that ... Now haow about telling us exactly how to do just that because I too can not find any way to change this option..

Tap the Prefs icon on your Palm device and set as desired the Date and Time as well as formats. Logbook Pro doesn't care about time zones, it only compares Date/Time such as the Date/Time from TO to the Date/Time to Landing. You can enter the time to anything you want. Logbook Pro just checks the difference between the two to calculate its values. If you want the current time in Zulu when you tap a time field, you need to set your PDA clock to Zulu time.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Neal, we need a solution that satisfies our needs not a temporary work around. The companion needs to convert to Zulu time, or better yet needs only to record in total hours and decimals of thereby saving the companion from the calculation in the first place. No pilot I know records their flight time in by current time, only by total block hours.
I look forward to a revision in the software to acomodate our needs. From the posts I've read here it seems like I am not alone in this quest.
Ian

Apparently, I've heard that we do not need to enter a time at all much to my suprise! If this is true then I'll be extreemly happy and you'll here no more from me on this issue. This will allow maintaining local time on my palm and still log flight time in numbers of hour, allwith the minimum amount of key strokes...
Thanks for your patience, Ian

Ian,

That is correct, TIME fields (OUT/IN, TO/LAND) are optional. And if you wanted to enter them in Zulu, you could, as stated, Logbook Pro does not care about the time zone, it just compares start to finish to do a calculation if needed.

The only REQUIRED fields are: Date, Type, Ident, Route, and Duration (or Sim)

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Back