Update and Restore

EJones

I have a couple questions regarding the update to the 1.6 version and trying to restore my old logbook.
I backed everything up as well as the backup on the program. I updated the software and tried to restore, it only shows the aircraft under Explorer and no flights. What am I not doing or have I lost everything?
I also purchased the upgrade to Professional from Standard, how do I upgrade from the 1,6 version?

Thanks
EJones

E-mail a backup of your logbook prior to the update to support@nc-software.com. We'll apply the update and return the updated data file to you. Your data will not be lost. There is a bug that is not updating 1.5.x and prior logbooks properly to where the flight data is not showing.

As for the upgrade, you should be able to click Help...Upgrade and enter your upgrade code. If you are unable to do so, please fill out a support request from either the Online...Support menu within Logbook Pro, or by going to www.logbookpro.com and clicking Support on the left side of the page. You must have the original version registered before you can use the upgrade key. Again, contact support directly if you have any questions on upgrading.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Thanks Neal,

Everything worked as advertised and I have my logbook back.(most important thing)
Now with the Professioanl edition I am trying to load it on my laptop.
Q is: How do I get the program onto the laptop to install the clone that I made from the desktop?

Good thing I can fly better than I know computers.

Thanks again
EJones

Yes, please do stick to airplanes! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif (Just kidding)

You have to install Logbook Pro on your laptop just like you did on your other computer. If you have a home network, you can transfer the lbpro.exe file over and run the installation. If you have a CD-R, Zip Disk, anything you can think of to get the 17 meg installer over. You can also download it again from download.logbookpro.com/lbpro.exe as all downloads are free. Lastly, if you ordered the CD-ROM from us, you can just use that (I like the most obvious answer last). If you don't have ANY of the options above available, you'll need to purchase the Software CD from /secure.nc-software.com and we'll get you a CD to install on your laptop.

You have to make sure you created the clone with the latest (and matching) version on your laptop. You should be running 1.6.214 on both systems. Now that you have your logbook up to 1.6.214 structure, create the clone. You can back up the clone to a floppy (or use the export option in the Sync Wizard) and transfer the smaller file to Import (using the Sync Wizard) on the laptop. Lot's of options, all of which are discussed in the included help documentation, so do take a look there by clicking Help...Contents and read about the Sync Wizard.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions! Thank you for using this forum so others may learn from your very same questions.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back