Major updates to Logbook Pro for Android and APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook for 117 are now available. Minor update for Logbook Pro on iOS devices. Click to learn more: APDL 11, Logbook Pro for Android, Logbook Pro for iOS. Update your devices today.
Commander binders are back IN STOCK. Click here to order yours today.
I removed the animation in the Lookback and now I can no longer reproduce the issue as discussed. I'll review the animation code when I get into the 1.1 work and if it is something causing the nuisance I'll just leave it out.
Just the placement of a variable getting instanced (created). Things were moved in the 1.0.6 build for performance reasons and sometimes things get a little too much movement. So this item was moved back to the way it was previously and that fixed it. Still a lot of testing to make sure it's fixed but so far so good. Then an added line of code to check that if that item goes out of scope, i.e. gets removed from memory that it's recreated.
i suppose so. i'm not totally sure what you were trying to get at with that question...
i'm still interested in programming and have minimal experience with it from several years back so i was just wondering how little stuff like this gets noticed and "fixed". mainly i wonder if when you look back over it with the problem in mind can you "see" why the problem is happening and essentially it was an oversight when you originally programmed it, or is it one of those, "i don't know why it's doing that, but this seems to fix it"?
i do remember creating variables though, so i'm with you on that. i even think i vaguely remember calling it instancing.
In this case it was an evaluation of what wasn't showing, i.e. the content. There is a place in code where you wire up the content generator (so to speak) so that variable that held the link to the content generator must have been having an issue, i.e. getting released from memory. So with that analysis I knew where to troubleshoot and hence the fix. My original analysis was the Lookback/Animation based on the path I took to reproduce the issue and knowing of some complex stuff done to make the animation work in that area. It ended up being, as it usually is, a very simple fix. The iPhone programming is fascinating and the code in this app is very well organized so it makes it a joy to work with. Logbook Pro v1's code is 13 years old and not nearly as clean as this and Logbook Pro 2011 so it's not quite the joy to work with as the new stuff is. Programming is a lot of fun for those with creative streaks, it is artwork to me, I enjoy it a lot.