Version 2 on the lim

seabird

Hi Neal,

here comes a very daring request.... can version 2 (or even this one) be Linux compatible???????

I'm switching more and more of my computers to linux.

maybe also for Mac people a mac version (or is that already there?)

Jacco

Attitude is Everything!
But Remember, Attitudes are Contagious!
Is Yours worth Catching????

Hi Neal,

I wasn't really, but I'm surprised about the answer. This is the first (and I'm sure only time) you don't seem to intend I comply with our whishes. No offense intended.

I'm happy to keep one comp on windows for the sole use of your program.

Jacco

Attitude is Everything!

Jacco,

I'm not going to lie to you either, and I already know the answer. No Linux and No MAC, why, because the development platform used for Logbook Pro, by Microsoft, doesn't support it. So, not to be a quick negative, it's simply a quick fact, I know the answer at this time.

However, with the platform Logbook Pro 2 is being built on, if Microsoft does change its mind some day and support MAC and Linux with this 'magic' being used, then it would be an easy transition. Stay tuned, Microsoft is always getting better and Logbook Pro's future will follow suit.

For those of you enjoying the 18 meg downloads of Logbook Pro 1.x, well, you'll be happy to know that verson 2 is weighing in at almost 1.2 megs now! Yep, it should be a much smaller download! Okay, too much secret info already blabbed, I must keep this quiet until it's ready for public info! You can tell I'm excited as to what's brewing! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif Nothing like a good tease!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Hi neal,

I'm glad to hear that it is already in full motion and I'll be waiting on the beta release. The small download is a very good thing, if it is still backwards compatible with win 98. If not, I think quite a few people will have to update.

Having said all of this I still have some wishlist questions. I'm thinking about switching my palm for a Ipaq. Not because my palm is getting old, but because I have seen a wonderfull program called Anywhere Map.

Those of you familiar with it know how great this is. I know this also keeps a logbook, but I was wondering if this may become compatible with LBP. In that case I would really hold the world in the Ipaq of my hand... (hmmm, I mean Palm).

Also, is the Pocket PC a complete logbook? (all entries?)

Jacco

Attitude is Everything!

Jacco,

I'm not familiar with the Anywhere map and the logbook you say it has. You'd have to see if the data is importable via the Import Wizard, i.e. a TAB or Comma delimited text file.

Yes, Logbook Pro will be compatible with Win98 and later. However, I recommend you shed Win98 and move to WinXP for much greater performance and reliability, and Logbook Pro 2 is designed to 'really look good' under the new Windows XP visual themes/styles.

The Pocket PC and Palm are identical in functionality, i.e. complete logbook does not exist. The Pocket PC is faster and has more information on the logbook screen so you don't have to jump screens for flight time entry.

HTH

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back