Bug Report What's wrong with this data? Several pics I hope.

DavidB

Fellow aviators, for several days I have been trying to describe an issue with using data from a CSV file, to complete 2014 for my 1000 hr lookback. We never seemed to communicate clearly on the issue. Now I have taken the time to create some screenshots to illustrate, what I couldn't do with the written explanation. I hoping to do this correctly, so that my order shows correct with the pics,,,Here goes.

OK, first off is my Feb 8,2015 schedule from our CWA site.

8_Feb_Sched.jpg

This is what APDL.net showed after processing my Feb8,2015 Trip

Feb 8 imported schedule.jpg

OK, now I pasted my 2014 CSV data into the process window. This is a 4 leg day on the 5th of Jan 2014.

2014-01-05,WN1984, ,DAL,1705,LBB,1811,106 ,508,737-500,91072 COOPER SEAN
2014-01-05,WN255, ,LBB,1849,AUS,1946,57 ,508,737-500,91072 COOPER SEAN
2014-01-05,WN255, ,AUS,2036,DAL,2129,53 ,508,737-500,91072 COOPER SEAN
2014-01-05,WN255, ,DAL,2205,MAF,2311,106 ,508,737-500,91072 COOPER SEAN

Results after processing. I opened up all the trips to show all the processed windows.

CSV 5_Jan_2014_Processed.jpg

As you can see, some of the trips that day are missing. apdl.net shows these trips as 1Day 1Leg

This is what my APDL screen looks like after this trip was imported:

APDL_After_APDL.NET_Import.jpg

You can see it only show 2 trips imported. Also, note the alert at the bottom; ref. trip 1984

OK, here is my schedule screen in APDL, after the Jan 5,2014 import. Note, trip 1984 imported correctly, even though the alert said it did not import. Also, not the 2 trips(255) that are amber.

Jan 5 2014 Import Results.jpg

Here you see trip 1984 DAL-LBB imported correctly, even though it was alerted. Now note the correct Duty and FDP times.

Here is my screen after tapping on the first 255 trip which is LBB-AUS. Not we have the I issue, also note the alert below. Most importantly, you see that APDL has created another Duty and FDP for that leg. Taking the actual Block in time, and subtracting 30 min; as this is our normal showtime out of domicile. In other words, APDL, thinks that the LBB-AUS leg is starting in LBB on the same day!

255 LBB-AUS Leg after tapping on trip_1_Issue.jpg

Here is what the alert screen looks like for this trip after tapping the 1 issue banner. Note the rest period.

Trip 255 should be LBB-AUS.jpg

Finally, here is Flight 255 DAL-MAF. Last leg of the day. Again, note the rest period. Also, note APDL has begun a new Duty and FGDP for this leg. Also, an hour was added as this is our standard checkin when in domicile. I'm domiciled in KDAL. Apdl thinks I'm beginning a new trip again starting in DAL, has adjusted the Duty and FDP accordingly.

Trip 255 DAL-MAF after tapping on trip.jpg
Here is what the screen shows after tapping on the 1 issue button:

Trip 255 DAL-MAF Leg Screen after hitting 1 issue button.jpg

I hope this has shed some light on the issue I have been trying to resolve for my historical data. Perhaps if others are having issues as well; this may help the devs to find a solution.

Not exactly sure why the pics are showing up at the end of this posting. Most likely op error. Also, not sure why the screenshots were cut-off. They look fine in the attachment manager, and anything else I view them on. I believe there is still enough data showing in the pic to make the points clear though.

Best,
David

Attachments

• 1984 DAL-LBB_Imported Normally.jpg
    1984 DAL-LBB_Imported Normally.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 84
  • Importer Screen_Shows 1984 not imported when it was imported.jpg
    Importer Screen_Shows 1984 not imported when it was imported.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
David,

We worked for quite a while yesterday tweaking the importer to be able to accept the CSV data you sent us. It's working now, I just tested it. A couple of caveats - it's going to import every leg as a separate trip since there are no trip numbers in that CSV data and trip number is a required field for APDL. Also, it's going to flag legality errors due to #1. Depending on what time you used the importer our work may have been in progress.

Here's what you need to do in order for the import to work properly:

1 - You can only import 40 lines at a time so make sure you're not copying/pasting more than that

2 - You need to open the CSV with notepad or wordpad to copy and paste, do not copy from Excel

3 - Highlight some rows (no headers, just the flight data rows only), copy and then paste into the white box on the importer page

4 - Select Generic Comma Delimited from the drop down filter menu

5 - Change the time zone on "My Trip Data is in" to Central (Herb) time

6 - Hit Process Trips

This technique should work but as I said above there will be a lot of legality flags due to each leg being imported as a separate trip. The app will use the flight number as the trip number since the data contains no trip numbers and this is a required field for APDL. That being said you really only need the historical data for block time lookback purposes so the legality flags don't matter. The max FDP lookback is only 28 days and your data from this year will cover that. It's the flight time lookback that concerns you here. Hopefully this will help you getting your historical data into APDL.

Hey Steve, Thank You for working on this. Now that I know why the data was screwy, I may try an experiment this wekend.

Thank You again, for your hard work. Greatly appreciated.

Best,
David

Hi Steve, still not sure how this is going to work. I have 4 legs on the 5th Jan 2014. The first leg is 1984, the 2nd,3rd and 4th are 255.

When I use the importer, it only imports the first and last legs. Hence, the middle 2 flight 255 legs are ignored. Won't this still make my block times incorrect excluding legs?

I tried adding a flight number header to my info, and using a fake flight number DAO1. Didn't work. I guess the generic csv parser doesn't have flight number?

So, looks like it's back to manual, unless there is someway to add a fake flight number to fool apdl.

Thanks again for everything.

Best,
David

David,
All four legs imported fine for me, I copied and pasted the trip data in your above post into the importer and then imported the trips. All four came through fine, except for the legality flags that we discussed above.
9a8c4db23bd212e23fcf99265ef4acfc.jpg

David,
All four legs imported fine for me, I copied and pasted the trip data in your above post into the importer and then imported the trips. All four came through fine, except for the legality flags that we discussed above.
9a8c4db23bd212e23fcf99265ef4acfc.jpg

Ok Steve, Will give it another go. Thanks again for your help
DAvid

Back