Windows Mobile 2002

stillageek

I have acquired a Ipaq 3600 that runs Windows Mobile 2002. Will Logbook Pro "run" on it or will I need 2003? Are there any known issues with Logbook Pro and Windows Mobile 2002? I tried the search, but could not find a link that worked.

Hello,

Logbook Pro's Pocket PC Companion uses the .NET Compact Framework version 2 which only runs on Windows Mobile 2003 or later. However, if you're an airline pilot, our APDL Pocket PC edition does run on Pocket PC 2002 as it uses the .NET Compact Framework v1.

One more question. Do you reccommend any Pocket PC unit? I have a Palm Z22 which is supported...but the Pocket PC versions look like they have a more robust interface, which is why I am leaning that way.

It's really a matter of personal preference based off of what you want to do with the PDA device. Palm OS will typically be faster, however, the Windows Mobile is more "Windows" like so again, it's just a matter of personal preference. The newer Windows Mobile 5 and 6 devices are pretty fast these days.

Back