What's the correct method for searching ROUTE strings.

theKAT

Here's what I have been running into:

I want to find out when the last time was I went to XYZ airport.

I open LBP 1.10.39 (spreadsheet style), click on the FIND icon.
I enter XYZ in the Find box, match Partial Strings, ROUTE for the column to search and select Search Up.

I get the message: "No match found"

Repeating one or two more times usually gets a result. Why doesn't it work the first time, and is there another method I should be using for this type of search?

My routes are all in the form: ABC-XYZ

Ditto. I'm trying out the new route browser and have multiple identifiers that I need to identify and change but the "Find" function is useless. I've tried every possible combo including Neal's recommendation.

Ditto. I'm trying out the new route browser and have multiple identifiers that I need to identify and change but the "Find" function is useless. I've tried every possible combo including Neal's recommendation.

Please submit a post to the Route Browser forum, submit a ticket, or visit www.flightcentral.com and Jeff can assist you with Route Browser questions or issues.

Thank you.

Thanks Neal, but the issue isn't with the browser (which is a cool piece of software). I was just adding to theKat's original complaint that the find function in LBP does not work. The Route Browser didn't recognize some identifiers (some had changed, others out of the country), and the search function to locate them on LBP wouldn't locate them in my route field.

Luckily, Route Browser will list them at the bottom if those unknown airports are selected and I can use the date to go back to LBP to find and update them. It's just a longer way of doing it.

Fred

Fred,

As I mentioned in my first post, I can usually get the search function to work, but it just doesn't happen right away. I go in a change the search string a few times, search up and down. It seems to help to enter something you KNOW is there first, get a result and then change the string to what you were actually looking for. Just doesn't instill a lot of confidence in the search engine. You find yourself asking; did it just not find what you were looking for, or is it really not there?

Hopefully, the next version of LBP will have a better searcher. (and auto route reversal, and S/N-based aircraft data...:D)

Karl

Back