Importing last years data

keith.yingling

I just imported my first trip from last December but APDL processed it and inserted in 2015 and not 2014. There are no years in the flica data and I cannot figure out how to modify the imported pairing to 2014. The trip date is greyed out and doesn't allow changes

Import your data at APDL.net and change the trip start date then import to your device. If the year is not provided the system will assign the current year. You should not process data such as this from within the app.

Not at all - I'm just trying to answer faster than Andy :)

I've got one more for ya!

Ok so APDL.net worked great for the import. Unfortunately since I've already flown the trip, the actual times of my flights (OOOI) are showing both in actual and in scheduled. Will the new APDL release fix my scheduled times? Is there way I can automatically do that in 7.0 without manually going back to each flight and inputing the original scheduled times?

I wouldn't worry much about the scheduled vs actual.

Edit: actually, if you are getting the times from crew trac isn't there an option to display original scheduled times? Just copy the blue screen and the importer still picks up the times. It should also have the aircraft on there.

I don't think you need them for last years data. Once you edit the trip with your actual times they become part of your 117 limits. If you notice once you fill in the actual in time of your last leg of the day it shows that as the end of your FDP. So if the times you import are actual times everything is all good.

Scheduled times ARE important if there are any pay issues, like a reassignment. It would be nice to have all the data. The original APDL for palm tracked both scheduled and actual.

Scheduled times ARE important if there are any pay issues, like a reassignment. It would be nice to have all the data. The original APDL for palm tracked both scheduled and actual.

APDL for iOS does track scheduled and actual, he's talking about going back and finding the scheduled info he doesn't have available to him.

APDL for iOS does track scheduled and actual, he's talking about going back and finding the scheduled info he doesn't have available to him.

That is correct. But it looks like the FDPs are being imported just fine. I've only audited 2 months but so far so good

Understood. That's why I am going to wait to import my data from legacy APDL instead of crewtrac historical data. Also, I won't lose PF, IMC, tail numbers, crew, etc. (Hopefully).

Neal, How is that legacy importer coming along?. We're you able to read the data I sent you?

Understood. That's why I am going to wait to import my data from legacy APDL instead of crewtrac historical data. Also, I won't lose PF, IMC, tail numbers, crew, etc. (Hopefully).

Neal, How is that legacy importer coming along?. We're you able to read the data I sent you?

I will have to go back and fill in aircraft instrument time approaches and crew. All that info is in my logbookpro desktop version. It'll be a slow process but worth it

I will have to go back and fill in aircraft instrument time approaches and crew. All that info is in my logbookpro desktop version. It'll be a slow process but worth it

You don't need to do that unless you want to. If you already have synced last years flights to LBP desktop you won't sync them again from APDL. Also, the crew names, instrument, landings, etc don't count against your FAR 117 legality. It's up to you.

We are still working on the legacy importer, no timeline on it yet.

It took 45 minutes last night to copy and import 6 months of CrewTrac flights. Bonus: the schedule importer years didn't need to be changed because CrewTrac has the year in the flight date. Downside, I have 182 crosscheck notifications that tail numbers are missing. It's going to be all I do on my next trip filling in tail numbers.

As mentioned, I don't really care about instrument and night because I'm just going for 117 legality tracking and when the LBP sync goes live we will have the option to choose which dates get synced.

Back