1.9.8 on Palm

tedvo

Just installed 1.9.8 on my PC and ran the install for the Palm Companion. Ran Hot Sync twice to complete the install. But when I run the program on my Palm (Tungsten E) the General page comes up with only the Date, Type, Ident and Route fields at the top and the Landings fields (Day & Night) at the bottom. The fields for the Date and Times (In/Out and Off/On) are not present. All other pages appear to be correct.

BTW, love the 135 flight time tracking. I don't often get close on my flight times, but nice to have a reminder helping to track it.

Hello,

When viewing the Logbook area go into the menu and then the Options area and ensure the settings are enabled as you prefer. 1.9.8 adds new settings to toggle the date/time field items on/off for those that don't use it which will speed things up with less to display.

Glad you like the new features.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Thanks. I had tried that, but didn't go OUT of Logbook and back in.

Thanks again for your prompt support.

Ted

Ok, Niel. Still got a problem.

I go to Tools -> Options in the Logbook section on my PDA. I check the boxes for 'Block Times' and 'TO/Land Times'. Click on OK then exit Logbook mode and back in and the Time/Date entry spaces are there. But if I exit COMPLETELY out of the program, when I come back, I have to do it all over again. Why isn't the preferance being saved? Is there something I need to set in the PC program prior to Hot Sync to make it stay??

Getting frustrated here.

Ted

Did the remove and replace answer solve the problem you are having with 1.9.8? I'm having the exact same issue, had it ever since updating to 1.9.8. If R and R solves the problem for you, then I'll try it too! Thanks!

It is required when upgrading to 1.9.8 so the Palm application recreates the preferences database which holds the new configuration features in 1.9.8.

On the Palm main application screen go into the menu, Delete Apps and remove "Lbk Pro" then reinstall.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Hey Neil,

Been a loyal LBP user for years and it keeps delivering more & more. Best investment I ever made.

Question: What is a better product match for LBP, a Palm, or the Blackberry?

Also, can you refresh me what the advantage is to switch to Professional version? I fly 121.

Thanks,

Kurt
yeah.gif

Hi Kurt,

Logbook Pro only supports the Palm OS and Pocket PC but not yet Blackberry, so I'd shy away from that if you haven't purchased. If you're looking for the all-in-one I'd suggest the Palm Treo 650, which you can read the 'Treo Fever' article in the March Newsletter in the lower forum.

The Professional Edition provides instant 121 time (hours) limit information from the Lookback popup on the bottom right of Logbook Pro (in the status bar area) as well as a new FAR 121 Status Report (and of course for 135 as well). These features are not available (disabled) in the Standard Edition.

Hope this answers your questions.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Hey Neil,

Just looked at the Trio 650 and realized it was a phone as well. don't need a phone or want to switch service for that. What is the best Palm for Logbook Pro that isn't a phone? I can wait a few months if you know of a product being released soon.

Looks like I will be upgrading to Pro edition when I make the move.

Thanks for all

Kurt
yeah.gif

Back