APDL update now out

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcohen

Just updated. Biggest improvement I noticed was TAFB and landings on trip view. Now I can actually check my perdiem against the crewpay report.

However, when is LBP sync coming? Still very annoyed about this. Total FAIL. APDL is like a logbook that doesn't actually make a logbook. Having to keep one logbook for legality and another for logging is completely unacceptable. I've been patiently double logging for 6 months, and assumed in the beginning that it would only take a month or two. How much longer is this going to take?

Actually, we're gaining customers every day. APDL is truly an amazing product, Logbook Pro Desktop update will come out when ready. It's a high priority item for sure but not a show stopper, you can manually log your flights in Logbook Pro as needed or wait for the auto import from APDL in the next update. A slight inconvenience yes, if you didn't have APDL then that would be a major loss, you now have Logbook Pro and APDL FAR 117 added to the offerings for you to use as an airline pilot.

APDL 7.1.18 had approximately 90 action items, I'm glad you like the TAFB addition.

The (in)ability to sync with Logbook Pro currently does not seem like it would be a show stopper to me. They say it is coming, so keep logging your flights. When they add that ability, all flights will be back together again in Logbook Pro, right? If it was NEVER going to sync with Logbook Pro, I could see them losing customers, but it seems to be coming. I have stopped using Logbook Pro completely since APDL has come out. I really like the legality aspect of it.

Not a show stopper YET, but if this isn't fixed by next year I will not be paying another $150 dollars for another year subscription.

I'm tired of having to keep up every flight on two different apps. APDL with LBP sync will be very welcomed!

It is actually unbelievable that LBP integration was not part of the initial release. They added silly features like a weather map and took away one of the most crucial features. Sometimes I wonder what kind of software company this is. Is Neal is doing this all on his own with maybe some contract offshore coders working on an ad hoc basis, or is there a real office with actual staff?

I can see it's not a show stopper because now we are paying for two programs instead of one. More money for them. I understand they are two different programs but even the old non-apple APDL synced with LBP. Thats why i assumed it would be a quick update but here I wait and pay two different fees.

I can see it's not a show stopper because now we are paying for two programs instead of one.

Paying for two? Not required - manually enter into Logbook Pro Desktop. Want the convenience of mobile - yes, a very inexpensive Logbook Pro Mobile subscription would be required to give you that convenience.

I understand they are two different programs but even the old non-apple APDL synced with LBP.

How many years after Palm/Pocket PC APDL came out did it then sync to Logbook Pro? It was not simultaneous with the release of APDL, it was years later.

We understand the importance and the convenience. We worked extremely hard to get you APDL and prioritized that over waiting for Logbook Pro Desktop's next update to come out. We continued and continue to evolve APDL as well as work on the next Logbook Pro desktop and mobile updates and schedule importer and everything else we offer.

I did not know the timeline with the pocket pc APDL since i was late getting it and it was already there. I do like APDL and still continue to recommend it to anyone who asks when its open. I will continue to pay for both if I have to because I love the Sync and I don't like spending my "off" time inputting data.

Thank you Robert, we are happy to hear you like APDL as do we and we sincerely appreciate your help in spreading the word. Our next APDL update should be out in just a few more days as we continue to shape this amazing new product.

I'm really hoping the sync comes out soon. I haven't been going through the trouble of double logging since it seemed like the sync wasn't too far off from the release of APDL

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by keith.yingling
I'm really hoping the sync comes out soon. I haven't been going through the trouble of double logging since it seemed like the sync wasn't too far off from the release of APDL

Likewise.

Count me in on being mislead that the sync to LBP was imminent. This snyc in my mind was the most valuable part of the old APDL. Oh well . live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back