• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL version 9.3 now on the Apple App Store. Click here to review what's new and download the latest version. New users enjoy the first 90 DAYS FREE.

Very confused about the time in APDL

hokiepilot

Use to be a PPC APDL user, then gave it up b/c it still seemed to be in the test phases and gave me many errors. Now I have a Palm Treo 755P and have decided to try the palm version. Heard it was more stable... I have only entered 3 trips over the past week or two. Two of them were entered in March, prior to DL savings being in effect. I just manually entered the trip data. I imported my trip beginning March 7th and ending March 10th. When I woke up the morning of the 9th, I clicked the DLS in effect box and expected that I would only see a change on the 9th or after; but all my times changed, even for the trips prior to DLS being in effect. I thought those times were already saved and secured??? Do I have to go back and change those local times to make them correct? What a pain? I could see, maybe, having to manually change the times for the trip you imported over DLS. Just leave before DLS alone, and change the times after b/c they sprung forward, and needed changed back to their proper local scheduled departure and arrival times. I have set my domicile (LAX) to read UTC-8 w/ apply DLS, and my logbook to straight UTC w/o apply DLS checked. I live in Virginia, but could see not advantage to having my logbook set to VA time. I just don't remember encountering this with the PPC. Any insights would be much appreciated as I am struggling for some reason right now. I used to be pretty savvy with it, but now it just does not click. When I click DLS in effect, does that retroactively change all my local displayed times prior to DLS starting? Doesn't seem like it should. I need schooled on the logic here. BTW, what is the purpose of the domicile time zone. Why do I care about configuring that piece of information. What does it feed? All I care about is that my dep/arr times reflect accurately, and that my totals compute properly. Additionally, I like the ability to switch to zulu to copy times off of the acars, then revert back to local just for reference purposes; but if DLS is going to hose all my local data that was previously recorded, what is the point. I don't have time to go change all of this. I am just running the trial for Palm right now, but need some convincing to take the plunge again. Put in a support ticket as well, but not sure it will be answered since I am not yet registered.