Army Aviator Tracking Minimums with LogbookPro

rightto360

Greetings,

I am an Army helicopter pilot and a civilian corporate pilot. I use Logbook Pro and am very happy with the software. I do have one thing that I would like to be able to track with the currency editor but cannot seem to figure out how to do it.

Logbook Pro tracks both my civilian and military currencies very well. The part that I am having trouble with is my Army minimums. The Army tracks an aviator based on his/her birth month. Every aviator has semi-annual minimums that they must meet. These minimums start and stop based on the last day of your birth month.

For example, I was born in the month of March. So, on the 31st of March is when my year stops and I start a new year on April 1st. From April 1st until September 30th, I have to meet my semi-annual requirements. (ie. 70 aircraft hours, 9 hours night vision system, 15 hours in the simulator, etc.)

I tried building a currency in currency editor that will track all of these things, but Logbook Pro thinks that I am referencing the preceeding 6 months from today.

Any ideas, or have I just confused the heck out of everyone?

Regards,

Derrick

Derrick,

It looks like you have stumbled upon a weak point of the currency editor. It doesn't have the ability to reference a specific date when calculating currencies, such as your birth month, nor can it generate the report as of a certain date such as 6 months later than your birth month for the semi annual minimums to be correctly reflected.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions on how to improve this situation for you. It looks like the only option is to generate the currency report during the 6th month after your birth month to have it correctly reflect this data.

I will make a report of this to be added in a future update.

Derrick,

It looks like you have stumbled upon a weak point of the currency editor. It doesn't have the ability to reference a specific date when calculating currencies, such as your birth month, nor can it generate the report as of a certain date such as 6 months later than your birth month for the semi annual minimums to be correctly reflected.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions on how to improve this situation for you. It looks like the only option is to generate the currency report during the 6th month after your birth month to have it correctly reflect this data.

I will make a report of this to be added in a future update.

Thank you Andy. I don't know how valuable that would be to others but for Army pilots it would, in my opinion, make Logbook Pro a complete one stop shop.

Safe flights,

Derrick

Derrick,

As a work around you could use the analyzer to check totals for the time period in questions.

View..analyzer and when the date picker appears check the date range for your military currency windows

Review the totals manually in the analyzer window and see if you meet your army requirements.

Derrick,

As a work around you could use the analyzer to check totals for the time period in questions.

View..analyzer and when the date picker appears check the date range for your military currency windows

Review the totals manually in the analyzer window and see if you meet your army requirements.

I am away from my computer that has Logbook Pro on it, but this weekend I will sit down and see if I can get that going. March is coming up fast and I would definitely like to get Logbook Pro to track my minimums.

Thanks for the reply,

Derrick

Back