autofill custom "yes/no" fields?

kvon

I'm wondering if this is supported by LBP?

The documentation for autofill implies that it's available only for duration fields. Yet when I configure a custom yes/no field for a particular a/c type, and then configure the autofill options for that a/c, the yes/no field IS listed as selectable for autofill.

What I would like to happen is when I create a new entry of that a/c type, the yes/no field is checked by default, but this isn't happening.

User error, or missing capability?

thanks...

Last edited:

Eric Addis

Senior Support Engineer
Staff member
Hello,

Yes/No fields can be selected and used for autofills. If selected it will always be YES.

When you create a new aicraft you do have to configure it manually. There is no way to copy autofill settings from aircraft to aircraft automatically.

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Hello Karl,

AutoFill is "fired" (activated/executed) when the Duration changes. So if you have a Yes/No field in the Options...AutoFill for a specific A/C Type set to autofill (i.e. checked) then when the duration changes on a new flight entry that yes/no column should get checked. Is this not occurring?

Please be sure you are using version 1.10.40 and verify your Options...AutoFill settings.

kvon

OK, I see the problem -- I think we can call this a bug.

I do all of my data entry in the "windows style" dialog, rather than the spreadsheet style. I just checked it again, and the behavior you describe (autofilling the yes/no fields) does happen in the spreadsheet view, and does NOT happen in the windows view. Can we get this fixed?

thanks very much...