Can I filter dual/PIC times out?

Chris G

Is it possible to determine filter out all the flights that were logged as both DUAL and PIC in the analyzer?

For instance, after getting a Private Certificate (ASEL) and then receiving instrument instruction in a C172 -- most CFI's log that as both DUAL and PIC since the student is appropriately rated in the aircraft. However, most airlines do not count that as PIC time -- they see it as either DUAL OR PIC but not both.

Hello Chris,

The Analyzer allows you to do a master filter, such as Dual or PIC, then you can further filter items across the top row which is typicall A/C configuration type data. I don't see a way to filter out flights that contain both Dual and PIC logged on a given row. Another option you may want to try is going into the Spreadsheet style log entry area and place Dual and PIC columns next to each other. Click one of the column headings to force a sort on that column. You could then select those rows and delete them (backup first) then run your totals and extract your data, then restore the backup. You could also select all rows except those that show both Dual and PIC and export them to CSV and review the data in Excel. There are creative ways of doing what you want, but not directly within the Analyzer as it stands now.

Hope this helps...

Need a hand hold

Um....would you mind giving me a step by step for both methods you mention?

I'm not sure if I'm savvy enough to figure that out on my own! Thanks! :eek:

Chris G said:
Um....would you mind giving me a step by step for both methods you mention?

I'm not sure if I'm savvy enough to figure that out on my own! Thanks! :eek:

Hi Chris,

I'm following up to see if you've done any experimentation and if anything helped with your inquiry?

Update

Well I think I figured it out. :)

I sorted in the Spreadsheet view by DUAL and then I CTRL + Line Selected the flights that were logged equally as DUAL and PIC.

I then imported these flights to CSV and deleted all columns but A/C type, DUAL, and PIC.

Then I just created a formula to give me totals for each A/C type and was able to deduct that amount from each type in the airline applications and their total is now only off by 7 hours versus the 110 it was earlier....which coincidentally was equal to the hours of flight time logged both as DUAL and PIC.

The reason it is off by 7 hours still is due to the fact that the application system rounds up to the nearest hour and only makes calculations based on DUAL and PIC but I have a few (~7 hours worth) that are logged as DUAL and SIC (Part 91 Turbojet)

Chris,

I'm glad you were able to work by experimenting. I'm sorry I haven't been able to provide suggestions here as we are 100% engrossed in getting this next update out which includes a new Pocket PC Companion. Thank you for your understanding.

Back