• We've completed testing of iOS 14. Logbook Pro has no issues observed. APDL's only issue is the Weather Map is crashing. We are working on an update for the crash at this time.

Need DUAL-PIC-NIGHT.. etc..

pilatusflyer

Hey folks. I apologize if I'm repeating other posts but it's late and I have not had a chance to search through the many posts here.

I'm in Canada and as I'm sure some are aware when applying for the ATPL transport canada LOVES details. I'm in a spot here where I need the breakdown for:

NIGHT X-CNTRY ----> DUAL, PIC, and SIC
DAY X-CNTRY----> DUAL, PIC, and SIC

Now I've found the first level to the analyzer for all my other information, but is there a way of FURTHER breaking down the data for my needs??? As it appears to me right now, the master filter only allows me to get into the data at a MAX of two levels.. That is.. Say setting the MASTER to DUAL then looking at the X-Cntry time... But what I need is a way to see HOW MANY HOURS I FLEW X-CNTRY AT NIGHT AS EITHER DUAL OR PIC and the same for day.

Hope that is clear enough..

Cheers!

pilatusflyer

Thanks. Looked into that. I'm still not seeing the values I need. I need actual coloums showing DAY DUAL, NIGHT DUAL, NIGHT PIC, etc... under a master cross country filter. I don't see how I can get that to show up. Probably just not understanding the process.

I see the breakdown with Cross-Country as a master filter, with total night hours cross country and PIC time. Here is an example. On a 172, I have 84.5 hours of X-Cntry time towards my 3108.7 TOTAL X-CNTRY time. That still doesn't tell me, of those 84.5 hours, what was done at night as DUAL and PIC. It just has a total for NIGHT cross country.

[Cross Country]
|
[Night]
|
[Dual] - [PIC] - [SIC]

That's just a visual way of explaining what I'm trying to do here. Anyway as said before I'm probably just not getting it. For now I'll plow through my log with a calculator and manually break it down.

Thanks though.

Hello,

Please read the following. I believe it will answer your question.

Logbook Pro Analyzer Help.

Last edited:

pilatusflyer

Indeed... Thanks. Still not what I am looking for. The totals as displayed when using the analyzer are not the correct breakdowns I need, they just don't add up correctly at all. Anyway, the solution as I've found is to make 6 additional coloums in the logbook, DAY DUAL XC, DAY PIC XC, DAY SIC XC, and repeated for night. With that done I have the data seperated and displayed as I need it for a TC ATPL application. Whatever the solution used, I'm still thankful to have this all in electronic format.

Thank-you for your help on this matter.

Cheers!

Please see this newsletter article for tips on using the Analyzer.