PIC totals problem

Timebuilder

I had noticed this problem before I successfully updated the software as you suggested, but a check I made this morning shows the problem remains.

When I use the Analyzer (all data), and set the master filter to 'PIC', I get a different total from the normal PIC total shown in both the analyzer PIC column and the status bar PIC total I have configured at the bottom of the logbook screen.

If I have the master filter set to PIC, then shouldn't my 'total hours' be equal to my logbook PIC total?

Curiously, I was able to use the splitter function and compare the master PIC totals to the PIC column totals, and I found that the discrepancy is located in two different trainers I flew. Does this help?

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
No, theoretically they shouldn't be the same. What the PIC master filter is doing is taking your logbook and saying 'give me all flights that have a PIC entry in a flight.' Assuming your Duration matches PIC for all cases, then yes, it should theoretically match. However, if you didn't log PIC for the entire duration of a flight, then you'll see a difference.

If you think there is an issue, e-mail your .BAK (backup) to support@nc-software.com and the good doctor will go in and take a look!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Timebuilder

Ah, I think that must be it.

I didn't realize that the master PIC filter was reporting the Total Time for a flight that had some portion of that time in PIC. When I was training, a single entry would be made that included both my dual time (non-PIC) and my solo (PIC) time.

Maybe I will go back and separate the types of training into two separate lines. Maybe not. /forums/emoticons/smile.gif