Couple of questions on entering data for a new user

Flyboy

I've just recently registered the software after testing it for awhile, including the PDA companion.
Now I get to type, type type...

1. Is it best to enter data in order? Or should I start with most recent and work backwards. I've started doing it in order but its going to take a long time to enter even though it is only 2 log books.

2. How do you go about making notations that are required entries? For instance, the notation in my Glider log that I was approved to take the written? Another exampe is required ground school time that was logged in specifica areas in the back of my log book. I try entering them as a remark in the log book but of course, it won't accept an entry without aircrafte typ, time etc...

If any of this is in the help, it's not easy to find! :)

Flyboy said:
1. Is it best to enter data in order? Or should I start with most recent and work backwards. I've started doing it in order but its going to take a long time to enter even though it is only 2 log books.

The beauty of Logbook Pro is order does not matter. When you open the logbook, it will automatically sort by the date for you. Enter flights as you choose, Logbook Pro will do the rest! You can force a sort on any column by clicking the column header. Click again, it sorts in the opposite direction.

Flyboy said:
2. How do you go about making notations that are required entries? For instance, the notation in my Glider log that I was approved to take the written? Another exampe is required ground school time that was logged in specifica areas in the back of my log book. I try entering them as a remark in the log book but of course, it won't accept an entry without aircrafte typ, time etc...

This issue has been discussed quite a bit, search on 'endorsement' and you'll read the commentary. Bottom line, if you have an item that requires a 'human signature' it's best to create your own custom endorsement page to keep these items, then attach to the back of your logbook. People use the
MGO ent. Leather Binders to protect and present their printouts, and you can put your endorsement page as the back page in the binder.

Welcome to Logbook Pro. Many ways to do many things, and hopefully the friendly folks of this e-Community will share with you how they handle this inquiry as well.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Ok, I've read the messages on endorsements. I always plan to keep and present my paper log books with the actual signatures. But it seems to me that it would be fairl easy to create an endorsements feature. Or at least have some that are not date limited.

But I'll keep playing with it.

Thanks

Back