Crew Member additons

cestewart

Is there a way to add crew members for entire rotation / duty period as opposed to adding them to each leg?

APDL is designed to carry forward the crewmembers as each leg is saved. So if you enter crewmembers on the first leg as you fly it, once that leg is saved, the crew will be carried forward to the following leg etc. If you use it in this method, you won’t need to enter them for every leg of a rotation.

The only time this becomes a problem is if you don’t enter crew on the first leg as it’s flown and autofill carries forward blank crewmembers for each subsequent leg.

APDL is designed to carry forward the crewmembers as each leg is saved. So if you enter crewmembers on the first leg as you fly it, once that leg is saved, the crew will be carried forward to the following leg etc. If you use it in this method, you won’t need to enter them for every leg of a rotation.

The only time this becomes a problem is if you don’t enter crew on the first leg as it’s flown and autofill carries forward blank crewmembers for each subsequent leg.
Andy,

Thanks. I will add a rotation and make sure I use that method and see it it works for me.

Andy:

Just to clarify, here is my process...
- Before my rotation, I go into ADPL and add a duty period for each day of the rotation. Then, in each duty period, I enter the leg(s) to be flown according to my schedule. For each leg, I add the flight number, departure / destination, scheduled Out & In times, and finally the Crew names. However, when using this method, the crew names I select on leg one of the duty period do not auto populate into the subsequent legs of that duty period. Now, as I mentioned, I do this a few days before the rotation starts. I don't enter a duty period / leg immediately after I operate it. Furthermore, after each leg or daily duty period, I use the Autofill to populate the actual block times and aircraft ID.

Is there a different method I should be using? Is it my methodology that is creating the error?

Also, is there a way to import a schedule? I fly for the same airline as you.

Chad

Andy:

Just to clarify, here is my process...
- Before my rotation, I go into ADPL and add a duty period for each day of the rotation. Then, in each duty period, I enter the leg(s) to be flown according to my schedule. For each leg, I add the flight number, departure / destination, scheduled Out & In times, and finally the Crew names. However, when using this method, the crew names I select on leg one of the duty period do not auto populate into the subsequent legs of that duty period. Now, as I mentioned, I do this a few days before the rotation starts. I don't enter a duty period / leg immediately after I operate it. Furthermore, after each leg or daily duty period, I use the Autofill to populate the actual block times and aircraft ID.

Is there a different method I should be using? Is it my methodology that is creating the error?

Also, is there a way to import a schedule? I fly for the same airline as you.

Chad
Chad,

Yes, when the leg is “closed out” meaning all required information is entered which includes actual OOOI and aircraft tail number, it becomes locked from future entries. That is the point that crewmembers are carried forward. When you enter flights ahead of time as scheduled, crewmembers aren’t carried forward (since they might change between entry time and actual flight).

APDL is intended to be used by importing your schedule. For Delta, open iCrew desktop using safari on your iOS device where APDL is installed. Go to view schedule and click each airplane icon next to the individual rotation(s) so one trip is shown at a time. While viewing a trip, tap the share button in safari and choose APDL toolkit. This will import that trip to APDL. Repeat for other trips. You can alternatively copy and paste to APDL.net if not using an iOS device.

Chad,

Yes, when the leg is “closed out” meaning all required information is entered which includes actual OOOI and aircraft tail number, it becomes locked from future entries. That is the point that crewmembers are carried forward. When you enter flights ahead of time as scheduled, crewmembers aren’t carried forward (since they might change between entry time and actual flight).

APDL is intended to be used by importing your schedule. For Delta, open iCrew desktop using safari on your iOS device where APDL is installed. Go to view schedule and click each airplane icon next to the individual rotation(s) so one trip is shown at a time. While viewing a trip, tap the share button in safari and choose APDL toolkit. This will import that trip to APDL. Repeat for other trips. You can alternatively copy and paste to APDL.net if not using an iOS device.

Andy,

Thank you for the information. I will go about entering the trips as you suggested. Also, I will try the trip upload as well.

Thanks,

Chad

Back