Data Storage

seaquest

With the PDA module, it would be very nice if we could select the amount of log entries actually stored on the PDA. In other words I could say I want only the last year's data on the PDA. At the same time I'd like to be able to see summary reports such as the total hours to date, that are accurate and not just the past year.

Take a look at PalmLog Pro www.nomadtech.com/index.cfm it's a great PDA log but it is completely missing the PC side of the picture. If you had the capabilities of PalmLog Pro in your PDA Module, coupled with Logbook Pro, you would have a truely exceptional Logging System that would be impossible to beat.

Good Luck, I look forward to seeing the results.

seaquest said:
With the PDA module, it would be very nice if we could select the amount of log entries actually stored on the PDA. In other words I could say I want only the last year's data on the PDA. At the same time I'd like to be able to see summary reports such as the total hours to date, that are accurate and not just the past year.

The last part of what you mentioned is asking for a summary of data that is beyond the past year, but are you asking for this capability without actually transferring all of your data to the PDA? I understand the option of choosing the range to download to the PDA, but without the data available for the date range queried, there would be no way to determine the summary for that time frame. I believe what you are asking for is two separate things: 1) The ability to choose the range of data downloaded to the PDA for reference, and 2) The option of custom time frames in querying the data.

Thank you for the suggestions, this is good information. I will review the PalmLog per your suggestion.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

I would like to see the ability to just enter basic data and move along. When you log time between flights you just want to slamdunk the data and move on to something else. You want to do it while it is fresh in your mind.. A note section would be nice. I think the ability to tailor the basic data input fields would be a good way to input germane data and later be able to backfill nice to know data. Glad to see you moving on this. /forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Glenn A. Belson

My wish list includes all of what Seaquest said, I currently use Palm log pro and it is fantastic. I would also like to be able to cut and paste or down load my schedule from work and then have a currncy alert alarm for both part 91 and part 121 etc. . Another posible request would be to be able to have fields that could calculate perdiums etc and total it to create a 'forcast' paycheck amount. Good luck I would definitely like to be a beta tester if you need them.

J Bond

<If you had the capabilities of PalmLog Pro in your PDA Module, coupled with Logbook Pro>

I have to agree here, it is a great pity that Palmlog Pro has not kept up the developement.
However, I still can't get PLP to accept Day & Night flight times and come up with the total for that duty, I have to do that myself backwards.

Alan

Back