Feature Request Delete trip?

ibrubeer

Every once in a while, I need to delete a whole pairing. Seldom enough that I remember how I did it previously. Takes forever to find that you have to tap on the very bottom of the trip (totals for everything) to find the "delete pairing" button. Not intuitive, at least for me. I think it would be more intuitive to be able to access that from the top of the trip screen, if you select the trip number (MB38:27 JUL), or the line above that?

e5ee6ee112fd78fcfaee4d206d2b86a3.png

Last edited:
Yes, I see that works too. When I think of deleting a whole pairing, I look for something that pertains to the whole pairing, vs a single duty period. Is it possible to make the pairing number:date be a button that does the same thing? Is the current method intuitive to everyone but me? If so, this whole conversation is likely enough for me to remember next time anyway...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's a tough situation, it is NOT the most discoverable or obvious but once you see it you'll know where to go. And of course the docs/videos Andy spent a lot of time creating helps too :)

Delete A Trip - APDL - WIKI

I hope I don't sound like a moron, but how do I see the rest of those docs/videos? The link you sent me takes me to that single video (which WAS very well done, Thank you Andy!). I can't find how to see more from within that video. I went into APDL and looked in the 3 subsections of the HELP menu, and nothing there took me to the wiki. There is a link somewhere that says "documentation", which is largely unhelpful (screenshot attached). The hamburger button on that screen provides no help either. I would think that if there are a bunch of videos/docs somewhere to provide help with stuff like this, it would be obvious, and front and center in the Help section? Of course, I t's possible that I am having an "off" day...

c8d740238097937c432012fe28a039a3.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope I don't sound like a moron, but how do I see the rest of those docs/videos? The link you sent me takes me to that single video (which WAS very well done, Thank you Andy!). I can't find how to see more from within that video. I went into APDL and looked in the 3 subsections of the HELP menu, and nothing there took me to the wiki. There is a link somewhere that says "documentation", which is largely unhelpful (screenshot attached). The hamburger button on that screen provides no help either. I would think that if there are a bunch of videos/docs somewhere to provide help with stuff like this, it would be obvious, and front and center in the Help section? Of course, I t's possible that I am having an "off" day...

c8d740238097937c432012fe28a039a3.png

When in the mobile view try tapping the "hamburger menu" button on the top left and it may expose more navigation of the site.

OK. I mentioned before that tapping on the hamburger button provided no useful help. Here is what you see when you do that:
dfea3ab976e85b72c341c6939a38de16.png

I had selected all of those options before and there was never anything in any option. This time, I selected "Switch to Desktop Version" and the screen that popped up had all of the links:
fbd43f9e3429243469f8a2cc04f108f1.png

This is an iPad/iPhone application, right? If I had a problem, I would likely be on that platform at the time. Why would I assume the user would KNOW that "switch to desktop version" is where all of the helpful information resides? Even IF that step is required for some reason (although I would think that a mobile version of the help files are ideal, being that it is a mobile platform app), wouldn't you rename the link something better to clue the user into the need to select it? Something like "APDL Help Wiki" or such?

I don't mean to be a PITA. I really like this app. It just seems today like I keep running into things that are not intuitive to the average user, and I seem to keep getting resistance to the fact. Don't they always say "there is NO stupid question. If you have it, there are 10 others out there with the same question that didn't yet ask it"? All I did was ask the question...

While we are on the topic, the documentation does link to the applicable videos in some of the sections of docs. (There's a currently unpublished version I've been updating that has all the video links) so you can view the YouTube videos right on the docs page.

That's when viewing on a computer or selecting "switch to desktop version".

Back