Different Z-date legs treated as separate duty days

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
I seem to remember reporting this in the past. This is in reference to the schedule importer.

During import, the importer is treating any duty that is on the next Z-day as a separate duty period. This visually breaks up the Trip View and potentially causes legality issues.

Example in the screenshot:

A deadhead from YYZ-ORD starts on Z-date 29NOV. The duty period is supposed to continue with a deadhead from ORD-SDF on Z-date 30NOV (a 2h29m turn between deadheads). These two flights should be during the same duty periods that started on the 29th. The importer is putting them into two different duty periods and it requires manually building a new leg on the first duty period and completely deleting the second duty period... And until we get drag and drop capabilities, this is tedious.
b1c37978c34690f88dd2c259e422410b.jpg

These trips need to be manually built or delete the leg and duty period on SA and manually enter the leg on the previous day...
It would be a massive help if we had drag and drop capabilities to move a flight from one duty day to another.

It would be a massive help if we had drag and drop capabilities to move a flight from one duty day to another.

I don't think that's the intent of airline schedules. You don't move a flight you cancel one and add another.

I don't think that's the intent of airline schedules. You don't move a flight you cancel one and add another.
Agreed, it's not. But when the schedule importer thinks that a flight that crosses the Z-day is a separate duty day then it's a software issue (yes, I know - incredibly difficult to code), therefore we should at least have the ability to move a flight rather than delete and completely recreate it on a different duty day.

The only thing I can think of to add to the schedule importer would be for it to look at the flights and see if there is a turn of 4 hours or less between the flights; if yes then the second flight stays on the same duty day, if not then the second flight goes into its own duty day.

Well at least now you clarified the use case such as a schedule importer issue vs. a flight canceled etc. That is certainly something to consider as the APDL.net schedule importer allows the editing, to some extent. I don't think you can move a leg from one day to another. Yes, it's tremendously complicated to parse the crap you get from your schedule provider that has never matured to structured data and parse it properly all of the time.

I’m having the same problem. I will manually edit until import issue is fixed.

Back