Error Msg

Shane Young

I downloaded the evaluation version of Logbook Pro (Windows 98SE) and installed the PDA Companion software on my Palm (OS 5.2.1). When I start the program on the PDA I get the following error:

Please run the HotSync again to download PC data to your PDA Companion (No Aircraft Specified).

I have tried to HotSync numerous times with no effect.
Help!

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Shane,

I'm not sure if you're using a MAC and if there is anything peculiar with your connection to the PDA. If you are not using a PC (Windows) then I am not going to be able to assist. I will assume you are using Windows.

1) Do you have aircraft/flights entered on the PC yet?
2) Try removing the software from the PDA and uninstall AppForge Universal Conduit from the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area, then reinstall

You will need to HotSync twice, the first is the installer, the second performs the first data sync.

Shane Young

Yes, I'm using a windows (PC) running Windows 98SE. I tried uninstalling the Appforge app and Logbook Pro from the PDA and reinstalling. I get the same problem. The HotSync Log gives me a number of 'Error 8038' messages.
I have not yet purchased a license, I wanted to get the PDA up and running first. Any other suggestions?