export to excel, then import

seabird

Dear Neal,

once again I come up with the issue about minutes.

To correct my values used in LBP I exported my logbook to excel to correct all numbers (fun job for a rainy day).

Instead of 1.3333 I made them into 1 1/3 and then wanted to import them into lbp. No problem doing so, but.... I would have to correct every single IFR approach by hand...

Is there a way to export my lbp to excel with seperating my approaches (into column ILS, VOR, MLS, PAR etc.)

This way I can export and then import without losing this valuable information.

Also, I was wondering if it is possible to get a jeppesen logbook with more then just the number of approaches but also the type. Most people write this in their paper log because of the section number|type column. Can it be done (in small print?)

Keep up the excellent work,

Jacco

Attitude is Everything!
But Remember, Attitudes are Contagious!
Is Yours worth Catching????

Jacco,

I'm sorry but the export / import capability is as you see. I don't have any other suggestions to do what you're trying to do.

Your second question, no, the only way to print out the approach types on the Jeppesen style layout is to create a custom column and annotate them there. Otherwise, you need to run the approach report to get the approach specifics OR the percentages report, which I like better. I see the situation, I'll see if this can be done better in version 2. Thanks for the great suggestion, even though that wasn't your intent.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Hi Neal,

I know you're working real hard on the PDA and version 1.7 (for hotsync). But I can't help but asking:

since version two would fix all my problems with logging minutes (and therefor my reason to export/import)... when it is scheduled?

I don't want to force a date but more a general idea... next month, end of year or 2003?

If my export/import is possible to make, maybe a option for version 2 as well.

Keep up the excellent work. (inserting the appr type in the jepp logbook would make it 110%)

Jacco

Attitude is Everything!
But Remember, Attitudes are Contagious!
Is Yours worth Catching????

Jacco,

Bluntly, it's 'not' scheduled. It's a continous work in progress with no forecasted completion date at this time. Version 2 is going to be much more than just Logbook Pro is today, without letting the cat out of the bag.

Version 1.x is still a very strong logbook application and is no where near obsolete. There's simply nothing that touches it. I DO realize the shortfall from my bretheren overseas that require hours:minutes and I wish there was a quick fix, but it's not worth the time when it would actually take less time to write version 2 with this capability.

Please be patient, version 2 is NOT coming soon, so no need to think it's going to solve your problem next month. I'm being brutally honest, but I am not into telling stories to keep people hanging. The truth is always the best option.

Thanks for your support!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal,

Your honesty with the unlnown release date of V.2 is appreciated!! So many other folks would say 'it is coming soon, coming soon, maybe next month, coming soon, etc.' That is really aggravating. We all know you've been busy with the 1.7/PDA release, which looks nice, and we understand it takes time.
Keep up the good work !!!
Larry

Back