Help with Sync

cheeseflyer

Neal,
I enter all of my flights in my iPad and sync them immediately. I just opened my desktop and my logbook has no entries since July 25th. I've tried syncing again from both my desktop and iPad and still nothing. How do I fix this?

Hi Tony,

Let's check a few things. First off, make sure you have the latest versions installed which is 1.16.9 for your Desktop and 5.1 on your iPad.

Next, let's check that both sides are signed in to the same account. In Logbook Pro Desktop look at the far right side of the menu at the top of the screen, it should show you signed in with your yahoo account. Now in the iPad version 5.1, go to My Account and see that it is signed in to the same account.

If you have data on your device (iPad) go to Settings/Synchronization and tap the red button at the bottom to mark all as unsynced. Otherwise, add a few test entries to verify sync works.

Return back to the Home Screen and tap the red Sync button (red means you have data awaiting sync)

Verify your iPad is syncing by logging in to http://logbookpro.com/sync and see if your app data is present.

Now from your desktop click Cloud Sync / Sync Now to sync that information into your desktop logbook.

You should see your data.

Common causes for your scenario of not seeing prior data:

1) A backup was restored over top of a later data file thereby causing your data to reset back to the date of the last backup
2) A different file or windows login was used such that the data was synced into a different file than what you are using now
3) The filter bar in the Logbook Pro Desktop spreadsheet area is active and filtering what you are seeing. On the sub-toolbar just above the spreadsheet log about 7 buttons from the right is a funnel button, make sure it is NOT pressed in.
4) The dates on the device flights were not entered correctly such as using a prior date so the data ended up higher in your spreadsheet log area than expected.

Common causes for your scenario of not seeing prior data:

1) A backup was restored over top of a later data file thereby causing your data to reset back to the date of the last backup
2) A different file or windows login was used such that the data was synced into a different file than what you are using now
3) The filter bar in the Logbook Pro Desktop spreadsheet area is active and filtering what you are seeing. On the sub-toolbar just above the spreadsheet log about 7 buttons from the right is a funnel button, make sure it is NOT pressed in.
4) The dates on the device flights were not entered correctly such as using a prior date so the data ended up higher in your spreadsheet log area than expected.

Hey, Neal.

All my data appears in my sync account, and all the dates are correct.
There is no backup involved, and the filter is off/wide open.
My personal data (including all of the logbook files) reside on a 1GB external drive.
I recently added a new internal drive, which changed the drive letter assignment of the external drive.
Since then I have been unable to import any flights to my desktop file.

Thanks for any guidance.

Open Logbook Pro and go to Cloud Sync / Settings and sign out if you're signed in, if not, then sign in. Make sure you are signed in to the same account as you use with the app and login to NC Software with, then click Cloud Sync / Sync Now to sync in data from Cloud Sync.

Open Logbook Pro and go to Cloud Sync / Settings and sign out if you're signed in, if not, then sign in. Make sure you are signed in to the same account as you use with the app and login to NC Software with, then click Cloud Sync / Sync Now to sync in data from Cloud Sync.

Still no luck. I have signed out on both the desktop and iphone, signed back in, and sync'd my flights. My flights show up online. Then when I try to sync, the online data disappears, but it does not appear in my logbook.

epyqyza4.jpg

Angel,

If when you sync your PC and the cloud data disappears, it is coming in to your logbook. Let's check a few things.

1) In the spreadsheet log area look at the toolbar just above the spreadsheet, about 7 buttons from the right. There is one that looks like a funnel, make sure it is NOT pressed in which would cause your data area to be filtered

2) Try resetting the layout: Spreadsheet area is frozen, grayed out, won't allow entries

Still no luck. Like I said earlier the filter is off. Even though I was not experiencing the layout problems you described, I performed both layout reset from your FAQ. Here is a screen shot after doing all of this and doing another sync from my iPhone and then a cloud sync on the desktop.

uhereme8.jpg

If the flights already synced previously, they will update the existing items in Logbook Pro Desktop. Try adding a new item on your device, sync it to the cloud, then sync to your PC and see if it appears.

Well, I created a dummy flight and a new history event. Both synced to the cloud, and disappeared after I did a cloud sync on the desktop. But neither appeared in my logbook file.

Please start a live chat from the PC that is having the problem and I can connect in and see what's going on. On the bottom of the forums, main site, or lower left of the help desk is the green live chat button, it should be green showing online and I'll gladly assist you real time.

If there are any other PC's connected to your account they could be pulling down the data.

Ok. I won't be back at my desktop until Monday. We'll pick this back up then.

Back