How do I save the display in Analyzer?

dopersteny

How can I save the display of desired columns when I pull up Analyzer? Everytime I pull it up, I have to re-configure the display to get rid of glider/airship-type columns. Thanks--love the product!

Go into the Config display and hide a column, say Glider for example. Show the Analyzer, Glider should be hidden. Close and reopen the Analyzer, does the Glider column appear?

As for the 'arrangement' of columns, no, this is not going to be saved. So if you pivot any fields and close the Analyzer the pivot orientation is reset on the reload.

Advise if this clarifies the issue. Let me know the results of the test in para 1.

Thanks!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal, I have tried the config. display within Analyzer, saved, refreshed, exited, and opened it back up. I have version 226. Any ideas?

Please submit a support request from within Logbook Pro by Clicking Online...Support and I'll e-mail you with some instructions of one other thing we can try. I was unable to duplicate this issue.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal--
Please talk me through how you get your settings to save. I'm still unable to keep columns hidden. Thanks.

I'm not sure why it's not saving the display configuration on your system.

Confirm you are following these steps?

<ul>]
[[*]]Run the Analyzer
[[*]]Right-Click...Display...Configure Display
[[*]]Click the Checkboxes to show/hide your columns
[[*]]Click OK
[/list=1]

The Analyzer should be updated with your information. In fact, try something for me. Click SHOW ALL data when you run the Analyzer and do your tests always using SHOW ALL.[/list]

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Yes, I am following those steps.
But should Analyzer remember those settings when I exit and reenter? It is not and would be nice if it did.

Yes, it should and I'm not sure why it's not on your system. I haven't been able to reproduce this, and no one else has reported this bug. If anyone else is having this problem, please reply to this thread. It may be something with your system and your registry, which is where the setting is saved. It's a minor issue and there are no more build of 1.6 planned at this time.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal, I have 're-configured' the analyzer and the settings are saved when I re-open the analyzer. I am using the latest build with Windows ME. It appears that the problem is not with the software.
Bill Dean

Bill

I know this thread is old, but wanted to let you know I am now experiencing this same problem. I have saved the analyzer display config and when I refresh, change dates or just open the analyzer it defaults to displaying all fields. I have not had any problems the last couple of days, it just started this evening. The only thing that I can think of that changed is my computer locked up and I had to do a hard reboot!! And that was with LBP open.

On a side note, I thought I was going to be in for a fun game of "reenter the data you changed today" , but such was not the case... thank you lbp and your autosave.
icon7.gif

I know this is gravedigging at its finest, but I am suffering from the same problem as stated above. I can config the display from the time selector of the Analyzer, or I can right click and go to Configure Display. I click save and it will adjust my columns. But if I go back and select new dates, it will reset them back to default all on.

Back