I-Touch App

crustemeyer

I have a few questions about this app, which I recently started using:

1) I have imported my trips, by leg, into the touch. When I open each leg, the app has already filled in the total duration, based on the scheduled out/in times. When I go to put in the actual times, the total duration does not automatically change. Is this the way it is supposed to work, do I have to change the duration if the leg goes longer/shorter than the scheduled block times?

2) I was expecting this program to be similar to APDL. I want to be able to enter each legs times in the APP, and then when I sync it with logbook pro, have it be one entry per day, rather than per leg. Is that possible without having to have the APP set to do it by day. In APDL, all the legs for each day would show up, I would enter the exact times and then one entry would show up in LogBook pro, can I get that with the I-Touch App? If not, are there any plans to make this an option? If I have the APP set to import my trips from the "cloud" per day, then it will give me what I want above, but it will not do it leg by leg, so I would have to add up each leg from the day, then put it into my touch, as opposed to doing it after each leg, this method also would not allow me to track multiple airplanes in the same day.

Thanks.

Hello Chris,

1) I have imported my trips, by leg, into the touch. When I open each leg, the app has already filled in the total duration, based on the scheduled out/in times. When I go to put in the actual times, the total duration does not automatically change. Is this the way it is supposed to work, do I have to change the duration if the leg goes longer/shorter than the scheduled block times?

You would have to tap the X to the right of the duration to clear it and then tap the calculator to recalc it. What you probably want to do though is to into Settings/Schedule Importer and turn the Duration option OFF if you want it left blank until you have actuals.

2) I was expecting this program to be similar to APDL. I want to be able to enter each legs times in the APP, and then when I sync it with logbook pro, have it be one entry per day, rather than per leg. Is that possible without having to have the APP set to do it by day. In APDL, all the legs for each day would show up, I would enter the exact times and then one entry would show up in LogBook pro, can I get that with the I-Touch App? If not, are there any plans to make this an option? If I have the APP set to import my trips from the "cloud" per day, then it will give me what I want above, but it will not do it leg by leg, so I would have to add up each leg from the day, then put it into my touch, as opposed to doing it after each leg, this method also would not allow me to track multiple airplanes in the same day.

This is the biggest problem I face - the airline guys think this is the APDL replacement and it is not. We have two completely separate lines of products: 1) Logbook Pro, and 2) APDL. This product is Logbook Pro. As we won't have APDL for iPhone soon we have tried to put as much "help" for airline pilots into this as possible such as the schedule importing.

There is no system to combine flights from by leg to by day like APDL does when syncing. This is on the to-do list to explore as a "pull" option from the My Sync portal on sync to the PC. Realize that logging "By Day" may save you some paper (not much in the grand scheme) it will cost you in fidelity of your logbook and analysis capabilities. We are planning a completely different approach to the By Leg/By Day (more flexible) in the Logbook Pro PC v2 product that's in development.

Thanks for the response.

Like you said, I assumed this was a replacement for APDL, and we all know what assuming does. :)

Thanks again for always responding so quickly, I am happy with the products I am using from LogBook Pro and look forward to seeing what is to come in the future.

Back