Install problems to Pocket PC

w17cfii

Neal,
I'm trying to install the new ADPL to my HP Pocket PC. I guess I'm not clear on the system requirements. Your website doesn't list versions of Win CE, but the old ADPL did work on my unit.

I have a HP Jornada 540 running Windows CE, version 3.0.9348 Build 9357 with the SH3 processor.

The problem I have is I have installed the program sucessfully, but when I go to execute the program in my PPC, I get a dialog box popup. The title bar is "apdl2004.exe". The message says: Cannot find 'apdl2004' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and all the required libraries are available.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling APDL with no success.

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I suggest first backing up C:\Program Files\Airlinelogbook.com.

Uninstall from your Pocket PC then go into File Explorer (PPC) and remove \Program Files\APDL if it exists. You may want to try a soft reset and then reinstall. Uninstall 'Airline Pilot's Daily Aviation Logbook for the Pocket PC' on your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area. You can try a repair (click change/remove then REPAIR) but uninstall/reinstall will do the same thing, ensuring you have version 6 installed. Make sure you have both the NC Software APDL *and* the Auman Software APDL uninstalled from your PPC prior to installing. If that fails, backup anything on your PPC you may need then I suggest a hard reset on the PPC. If using an OS older than Windows Mobile 2003, ensure you download the .NET Compact Framework update as referenced in Note 1 under the downloads on the APDL Portal.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Neal,
I just needed the .NET Framework. I didn't see the note on the download page. I installed that and didn't have to do the rest, all seems well at this point. Thanks

Hey Neal,

My company, Air Wis, pays us from the pushback, but we log block from the taxi time. How can I input this data so I can track my pay and FAR block correctly? I saw something on this on the old message forum at airlinelogbook.com, but didn't find anything searching this site?

Thanks

Neil

Neil,

Our software does not support split times (seperate push, and taxi times) directly.

The only way to accomplish this is to (uncheck Apply Pay) from the 'Block' payroll category. Then create a new 'BlockPay' category with only 'Apply Pay' checked.

For each leg you will have to use 'Block' to track your FAR flight times. Then insert a leg, dep, dest, and times equal to the originial leg. Change 'Block' to 'BlockPay' to track payroll.

Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

Back