Is APDL 117 worth the $$?

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
You decide. I think so. I would be so stressed trying to keep track of all my flight time if it wasn't for APDL 117.

The following screenshots are of my actual schedule coming up in the following weeks. Today is January 07, 2015.

Schedule screen showing potential 117 legalities.
907a95c90992b8fa804f500c53a84beb.jpg

January 17 legality
3abf565847dc1288951992d8e68f0e69.jpg

January 23,24,25,26 legalities
f9b59cf85c3b7edd6eaa017d7ed2da57.jpg

d00ad3363a09f10ee09db28c8b0593e4.jpg

e09ed6f31bdeac7e4e448966b363e2dc.jpg

b2515579feb87f87e5e00d7c401b91ec.jpg

Working overtime for that Christmas bonus, eh? [emoji1]

Working overtime for that Christmas bonus, eh? [emoji1]

It's called reserve, lol. According to scheduling there were six of us reserves keeping the company going over Christmas with all the call-offs.

I've been begging for this for a year now, but not at a ludicrous price! It's all fine and dandy for you beta testers, but I can't justify that price for a completely unknown product. The demo is worthless to me, I need to see how it will work in my situation, not a generic unknown users. How about a couple month trial with real data (my data) that doesn't disappear everything I close the app so I can properly evaluate it's worth?
From what I can see from the demo, I don't get anything 117 related that I can't get from the FREE Alpa 117 app. Yes, interfacing with LBP, and payroll might be nice, but not $150 nice, especially since I can't import the last years worth of 117 data or export to LBP to print my logbook currently.

Let's compare that price to other apps out there:

APDL - $150/yr
ALPA 117 app - FREE
other LBP mobile apps - $30/yr
LogTen Pro - $50/yr
Entire Microsoft Office suite (5 license) - $100/yr

Right now, NO, I can't see that it is worth the money!!!

I've been a loyal user for over 12 years and I appreciate that LBP has had free updates that entire time. I'm more than willing to support your company with a subscription service, but come on!! Right now, you are really testing my loyalty. I feel like I've been strung along for over a year, only to be slapped in the face with this price.

Please Neal, do something to earn my business! I'm feeling extremely frustrated right now.

Just say no to that Starbucks coffee or that "one more beer" a few times a month. Yeah it's a lot to pay but when you think about it it's only $13 a month. I can budget that

I'm willing to pay a premium over a competitor for a superior product, but not DOUBLE or TRIPLE their price!

Yes, interfacing with LBP, and payroll might be nice, but not $150 nice, especially since I can't import the last years worth of 117 data or export to LBP to print my logbook currently.

I just went back into my schedule pre-APDL117. I imported a trip from 2013 with no problems. All that was required to close out the trip was to give it a tail number. All the 117 data, from what I can see, calculated correctly going into 2014. It would take some time, but getting a years worth of data imported is not impossible. Whether it is needed is a personal question. I'm not sure if any of the beta testers did it. We just used Jan as the starting off point and went from there.

I can certainly see where the import of the APDL data into your LBP is important, but it's coming. It's not an if; it's a when.

Back