Logbook Pro Install Problem

made2fly

I just downloaded the lastest evaluation copy of LogBook Pro.

I tried installing it a few times and received a install error every time.

I am running Windows XP

The error is:

ERROR 1904
...\Microsoft Shared\DAO\Dao350.dll failed to register
HRESULT - 2147023898

Has anyone else seen this error?

thanks+

Haven't heard of anyone having this problem. Make sure the application is uninstalled. Then go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO and delete that file (DAO350.DLL). Reboot. Try installing it again.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

I finally was able to get it installed on Windows XP.

After I uninstalled and restarted the machine I had to go through th eregistry and cleanup all referrences to NC Software. It then finally installed.

Now I am setting an error after I create a new project.

It states that it is going to update for the lastest features. Sort of strange when this is the lastest from your site.

There are two comments that shpow up in teh status area on the bottom. After that the status bar is blank and the CPU goes up to 100%. Its Hung.

Any ideas what I need to do?

thanks

This sounds very odd. There aren't any registry keys to be cleaned up and the data file that comes with 1.6.232 shouldn't require any updating. I recommend you delete any of your .LBK files and just let Logbook Pro create a new one. Confirm when Logbook Pro starts it says 1.6 Build 232? You can also find the info in Help...About. Confirm you do NOT have any logbook entries entered yet?

Are you sure you have a complete Windows XP installation? Sounds like something is terribly wrong with your Operating System. XP is Microsoft's best OS and I've had NO problems with Logbook Pro on XP. This is all very strange.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back