Mapping aircraft model numbers

Ace007

I export from Skedplus and into Logbook Pro. Skedplus labels the aircraft models as CRJ, CR7, and CR9 instead of the actual model names such as CL600-2B19. Is there a way for Logbook Pro to see the CRJ and map it to the CL600-2B19 aircraft that I set up in Options?

Yea I already have to manually edit it. Was looking for an automated way to save time.

Thanks though.

If you want to get fancy, you could open the file from your company in a spreadsheet. Find all the types matching CR7 for example, and replace them with the type designation you prefer. Repeat until you have all of your types covered (3 times it looks like) and then import to Logbook Pro.

To be clear, I’m referring to “find and replace all”. A single action to change all the matches in the file. Not editing each one one at a time.

I export from Skedplus and into Logbook Pro. Skedplus labels the aircraft models as CRJ, CR7, and CR9 instead of the actual model names such as CL600-2B19. Is there a way for Logbook Pro to see the CRJ and map it to the CL600-2B19 aircraft that I set up in Options?

Logbook Pro looks for the tail numbers and if it's a match it will pull the type that you previous logged. So if you want to fight with it a while and correct the types it will eventually dwindle down, otherwise as Andy suggested.

Logbook Pro looks for the tail numbers and if it's a match it will pull the type that you previous logged. So if you want to fight with it a while and correct the types it will eventually dwindle down, otherwise as Andy suggested.

That's what I have been doing - search and replace in Excel and then save out and import into Desktop.

I'm thinking of buying Mobile and the Schedule Importer. It sounds like I can download all my trips for the month at the beginning of the month, import them into Mobile and then add info to the trips as I fly them. Then they sync to the Desktop. So how do I replace the A/C type in this process?

Thanks!

Back