New User -- Questions that need answers

gizbug

APDL Beta Team
1. Pay rate. What do we put in there? Our pay rate per hour? Does this take into effect a 75 hr minimum pay for being on reserve?

2. Where do we put in the Aircraft Number for the flight?

3. Why is there an option to input a "deadhead leg?" Is this for rest requirements? I don't know anyone who puts a deadhead leg in their logbook.

4. If we are flying reserve, do we select Reserve instead of block from the dropdown box?

5. How does this program compute duty times based on weather delays? I believe our company (American Eagle) can extend you to 16 hr duty day if you have delays due to weather.

Thanks

1. Pay rate. What do we put in there? Our pay rate per hour? Does this take into effect a 75 hr minimum pay for being on reserve?

Hourly pay rate. It does not take a guarantee into consideration. Use the Duty, Trip, or TAFB rigs to set a daily guarantee.

2. Where do we put in the Aircraft Number for the flight?

For Each leg the A/C Number goes right below the flight number. You can tap the legend "FLN DEP DES OUT IN" to get the legend for the next two data entry lines.

3. Why is there an option to input a "deadhead leg?" Is this for rest requirements? I don't know anyone who puts a deadhead leg in their logbook.

For payroll tracking.

4. If we are flying reserve, do we select Reserve instead of block from the dropdown box?

If you have a Reserve Guarantee, then use RSV.

5. How does this program compute duty times based on weather delays? I believe our company (American Eagle) can extend you to 16 hr duty day if you have delays due to weather.

Just enter your new duty off time on the main logpage. Whitlow Rest is 16 hour lookback rest. Remember you must be able to complete your flight within the 16hour window, 15 hours if your were on reduced rest.

Thanks for the reply!
One more question. If we fly with 2 or more captains in the same day, we need to make a seperate entry for each flight? IE. I put legs 1-4 in, but flew with 2 different captains. Seems like once you start inputting legs, you can not have more than 1 crew member.

Tap the "CREW" button, you can add all crews changes you want. I suggest making a note of what flight number the Capt. was swapped.
The entire crew field will be imported to a custom filed, or the remarks field in Logbook Pro.
Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

Paul Auman said:
Tap the "CREW" button, you can add all crews changes you want. I suggest making a note of what flight number the Capt. was swapped.
The entire crew field will be imported to a custom filed, or the remarks field in Logbook Pro.
Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

Thanks Paul

Back