OS Upgrade to Windows 7 ???

yankee clipper

I am running Win XP Pro 2002 SP3. I intend to upgrade to a larger HDD, and the OS to Windows 7, most likely in 32bit.

Can I continue to use my current license?

How do I transfer my LBP PC, PPC, and APDL software to the upgraded machine?

Are there any pitfalls in this process?

Yankee Clipper

Hi Neal,
thank you for the fast response. Have also heard good things about Windows 7.

I see in your OS note, that you are running Windows 7 x64.

Am I correct to assume then, LBP PC, PPC, and APDL will ALSO run under Win 7 x64 w/o any differences and/or problems?

Yankee Clipper

Yes, I run Windows 7 x64 - love it! It's probably, no it IS the best operating system on the market! 32 or 64 bit is fine.

If you're running Palm OS then you probably want to lean towards the 32-bit edition as x64 starts getting into areas where some vendors don't support.

Yes, I run Windows 7 x64 - love it! It's probably, no it IS the best operating system on the market! 32 or 64 bit is fine.

If you're running Palm OS then you probably want to lean towards the 32-bit edition as x64 starts getting into areas where some vendors don't support.

I run a Palm Tungsten E2 on Win 7 x64 and it works fine. You just have to setup up a bluetooth sync as a USB sync isn't supported on the x64 side.

Additional requirements...???

Hi guys,
thanks for your comments, I decided to go with a Win 7 32-bit on my replacement HDD. Am still using my old PDA for LBP PPC and APDL.

I remember another thread (which I can't find anymore, oh well.) where the other user moved his LBP to new hardware. He was advised that he will also need to reinstall his LBP PPC and APDL software on his laptop. This was required so future synch'ing would work properly.

Can you confirm what I remember? If my memory is faulty, what is the proper way to complete this OS migration, so that data entry and synch'ing will perform as flawlessly as it did before.

yankee clipper

p.s.: I have downloaded ALL the latest versions of LBP, LBP PPC, and APDL.
p.p.s.: Merry Christmas to ya'll

OK, a little late to this thread...

My XP machine has faded and a friend gave me a lenox thinkpad with Windows 7. It is very limited in what it can do. Main thing is the spreadsheet view of the logbook. I can't scroll left or right nor up or down. What is on the screen is all i can view. Only way to look at a logbook entry is in windows view.

I have checked for stuck keys, but all I can think is its the Windows 7 or the thinkpad.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Sean

Thanks Neal. That was it!

Still can't wait to not need a specific computer.

Back