Palm Pre (Web OS) - Good news

Pre software update

Last night my Pre did a software update and I've lost APDL and all of the data. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not sure I can continue my trip with out APDL!! Thanks so much for all of the great posts and research to get APDL up on the PRE, I'm actually getting used to the data tranfer.

Wooly

Eric,

Can you post the files that must be moved back and forth, specifically the ones to move after i've imported my schedule to single sync.

Thanks!

We don't support Single Sync anymore nor is it supported in the current version of Logbook Pro. All the PDA Sync functions were moved into the PDA Sync Wizard.

The files are important are
AirlineLog-YYYYMM.PDB
AirlineLog-Pref.pdb
Airlinelog-(airport ID).pdb)

We don't support Single Sync anymore nor is it supported in the current version of Logbook Pro. All the PDA Sync functions were moved into the PDA Sync Wizard.

The files are important are
AirlineLog-YYYYMM.PDB
AirlineLog-Pref.pdb
Airlinelog-(airport ID).pdb)

Eric,

there is a file that the sync wizard generates that moves too correct?

Bret

Hot sunc

The latest verson of classic has hotsync capability. It will only work over bluetooth or wireless. You can't use the usb cord. I got my Pre to hotsync and all the files were found by logbook pro. You have to run classic and then hotsync and initially i used the IP address to find my desktop. Takes some fiddling the first time but works like a charm after that.

The latest verson of classic has hotsync capability. It will only work over bluetooth or wireless. You can't use the usb cord. I got my Pre to hotsync and all the files were found by logbook pro. You have to run classic and then hotsync and initially i used the IP address to find my desktop. Takes some fiddling the first time but works like a charm after that.

The only gotcha I found is that you have to go into the old palm hotsync manager, create a username for your pre, if you want, and make sure that under Connections, Network is selected or the Pre won't sync. If you are still using an older palm product, like my Treo, then make sure that you leave USB checked also. If you just want all your old palm stuff to come over to your pre thru hotsync I guess you can just sync to the old palm username. I wasn't that brave...

Kudos to wilbrr! I think I can leave my Treo at home finally...

Now to figure out how to sync pocket quicken :eek:

Just got my Palm Pixi and I'm having trouble installing my ADPL. I've already downloaded "Classic" and followed the above directions, but haven't had any luck getting it (ADPL) installed.....any help....please???

Last edited:
I just bought a Pre, and I previously I used APDL on a Treo with a Windows mobile OS. Will I have to buy APDL again to use it now on the palm OS?

Palm OS is licensed separately from the Windows Mobile product line, click here for more info. Keep in mind we do not support the Palm Pre but users here have been working together on a solution to make it work.

Am having troubles using the actual Hotsync. Cant I just transfer my active monthly file from the Pre to my computer? If so where are the .pdb files located on the PRE?

Thanks GA

FOR REFERENCE ONLY:

Please try searching your hard drive for a folder called BACKUP as sub folder under your Palm's name. It will have the PDB's from your Pre in it.

For Example the Palm folder on my Windows XP machine is :

C:\Documents and Settings\{Account Name}\My Documents\Palm OS Desktop\{PALM PDA's NAME}\Backup

Thanks Eric.
I know where the files are on my PC. I do not know where they are on the PRE. The only thing I can find are files that look like "AirlineLog%D200102_81000000". I have one of these for each month. They are not PDB files, however.

I am looking for where the latest months PDB files are on the PRE so I can move them to my PC so I can import to the Logbook. Was hoping one of the PRE users might know.

Thanks

Andy

Sorry Andy, I can't help you there. There should be PDB on the Pre if you are using the emulator. Please look through this whole thread. I believe it is mentioned near the begining of the thread.

Thanks Eric

I found what you are talking about and still cant get it to work.

How do I email one of the PRE posters--I do not see an email icon for them?

Thanks for your help.

Andy

I've been using APDL for about 6 years - the past year of which has been with my Palm Pre. I have all my .PDB files, but I can't figure out how to export them to .CSV's the way I used to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Standalone APDL Winows Application

Eric Addis
APDL reports are only available from within Logbook Pro.

That is patently untrue. There is a standalone APDL application, called AirlineLog.exe, which will convert your pdb's into any number of usable report formats (HTML, CSV etc.). I've been using it for years, it works great. Simple and lightweight.

I don't guess the Logbook Pro folks will want to sell it to you... but I could point out that it's floating around the web. ;)

Switched Pre's? Here's how to recover logbook data you haven't "Exported" to pdbs...

I recently had to replace my pre, and had about 8 months of logbook data I hadn't "exported" to pdb's yet. I thought it was lost, but I've recovered it. Here's how (this assumes you can still access the USB drive of your old pre):

1. Reinstall all your APDL pdbs and prcs on your new pre, as detailed earlier in this thread.
2. Once you've gotten APDL working in Classic again, grab all the AirlineLog data from palmos\datamgr\PALM_DM on your old pre, and copy it into the same place on your new pre.
3. Restart Classic on your new Pre, and you'll find all your logbook months have returned. Export them now and back them up (I sure learned my lesson lol!)

If you are using Windows 7, I found all my pdb files in Documents\MyDocuments\Palm OS Desktop\USERNAME\Backup.

This seems very similar to how the older palms used to back up pdbs.

Back