PocketPC

Kunle

Flight level 2000's PPC version in my opinion is the best ppc logbook I've seen. All those interested in testing their ppc or palm versions for tips to give Neal; it can be found here:

/www.flightlvl.com/program.html

I believe your version should have everything found in this program for starters.

Neal, I will try to included a screen shot of the PPC version on this post, if I am allowed. Hope it works. Will you be working on the PPC and palm OS simultaneously?

Screen captures are great! All the inputs thus far are fantastic, keep them coming. Data in = Data out, you give me your requirements, I'll give you your wish! /forums/emoticons/wink.gif

Right now Palm and PPC dev is simultaneous. However, the concentration is on Palm right now since it is the limiter. PPC is much more capable. If I can't get my requirements complete in Palm, I'll have to stop at Palms capabilities and then develop from the ground up in PPC as it has much more capability, similar to that of a real PC.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Since there is no problem with screen captures, I will add one more.

The difference is that from version 1 to the next version released for the PPc, they improved the navigation interface. You now had the ability from the main screen to add, save, del, move forward or back to the next log entry, and to move to the end or beginning of the logbook.

As an aside, since I am the one that sent you to Flight Level's site (you most likely were already aware of them and their products), I want you to study their ideas, but not their pricing! $49.00 for the add on is a bit high. Truth be told though I have a feeling that whatever you developed would be worth that much, knowing your zeal for customer satisfaction. I wouldn't like it that expensive, but I would pay it.

I cannot reveal the pricing plan right now as it's not firm, BUT I'm sure you will be much happier with what I have planned. I have seen the FL2K stuff and have my opinions, howerver, I 'think' their PDA apps were contracted out and not developed by them, but I can't speak for them. To make a long story longer, I am developing my own PDA software, therefore I can significantly reduce the cost. My satisfaction is NOT my wallet but having my software used. Just like Logbook Pro being $30 less, I get much more reward from the pride versus the bank! I haven't charged a penny for an upgrade since Logbook Pro came out three years ago, not the smartest thing marketing wise, but I am not charging for 'better' software because I want to get it 'right' first, then worry about charging for upgrades! With 1.6, I think we're there, the new currency editor, import wizard, features and all, now it's time to seal the PDA side and move on with version 2.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Hello All,
My needs may be a bit different. I would like the Logbook prgram to be more free form. I need to keep track of Part 135 flights, and flights for my Instructors. We need fields for dual, endorsements.etc......I looked at the FlightLevel 2000 and it will not do the job.. Please let me know how I can help with this project. I have about 20 pilots I would like to give Compaq I-Paqs to and have them use LogBook Pro..

Best Wishes
B. Michael Wilson

Please spell out your requirements clearly so I can review them. If you can tell me what you need, I can certainly do my best to work this into the plan. Take your time, don't be brief, examples are great too!

Thanks!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

I just found TSE Digital's Pocket Flight Log, and looking it over, I was impressed with the number of feilds it provides you to detail your flights. Things such as flight/msn #, crew member, and part 121 limits are definately geared toward the airline pilot. It would be nice to have all of this programs' functionallity on LB Pro's PPC version. Even though you don't currently have some of these feature in the desktop version. I'm sure that you can add a designated airline pilots tab to LB Pro for airline pilot specific items.

Man by the time you're done with this PPC version, I'm sure it will be the killer app. on my Jornada.

If anyone wants to review the program to give Neal some feed back, it can be found here: www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0&sectionId=0&productId=22188

NC Software said:
now it's time to seal the PDA side and move on with version 2.

Neal,

Does this mean that you have a possible release date/month/quarter for LBP's PDA companion? /forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I know how you don't like to give out release dates, but your statement got me going! C'mon, you can tell me. I won't tell anyone... /forums/emoticons/wink.gif

Signed,

Your pal, Ed

BTW, I only want two things for Xmas. 1) Print directions for MGOent Premier Binders, and 2) LBP's PDA companion. Hoping Santa can deliver. Happy holidays!

JetLinks.net, The Business Aviation Virtual Community!

Back