Previous to Ver 7.3.0 Web Importer

Buschor

APDL Beta Team
I feel NC Software committed a major software programming violation. They changed 2 programs simultaneously … without backward compatibility. Specifically, they have out Logbook Pro 1.10.33 RC3 (not matter what you call it, it is a Beta version) while the official version matrix list Version 1.10.26. Then they updated the Web based Airline Schedule Importer to Version 7.3.0 that ONLY works with the BETA version RC3.

What gives?

I want the previous version of the Airline Schedule Importer OR one that works with the non-BETA version of Logbook Pro. I am not in the habit of updating to RC/BETAs for obvious reasons. Any ideas?

Dan

Hello Dan,

The Airline Schedule Importer continues to work with APDL as it is intended. The only area that is affected by the new version of Logbook Pro is the "Export for Logbook Pro" feature. In order to test the new and improved ability to import schedule data with one click in Logbook Pro's new "File...Import Schedule" we have to update the Airline Schedule Importer web site. If you are not comfortable using the Release Candidate 3 version of Logbook Pro you will need to wait for the final release OR simply use the Airline Schedule Importer web site as it is intended - import trips to APDL, fly your flights and then sync to Logbook Pro. That process works even in 1.10.26. Again, the only system that is affected by the new version of Logbook Pro is the Export for Logbook Pro feature.

Let me also add that the Airline Schedule Importer web site is a free service. We hope you enjoy this free service allowing you to take your trip data and preload your APDL software to streamline your flight logging experience.

We expect to release the release candidates very soon, we are wrapping up the final updates and testing hopefully today. In my opinion the 1.10.33 Release Candidate 3 is a better product than the 1.10.26 build, regardless of its "label" and I highly recommend using this product for the improvements.

Thanks for the response ...

Again, the only system that is affected by the new version of Logbook Pro is the Export for Logbook Pro feature ... In order to test the new and improved ...

This is the feature I use exclusively. And now it's broke ... he who givith, takith away.

You should have built a "RC" site to "TEST" the importer also.

I have no need to purchase an additional product just to import into Logbook Pro.

In my opinion the 1.10.33 Release Candidate 3 is a better product than the 1.10.26 build, regardless of its "label" and I highly recommend using this product for the improvements.

You know what they say about opinions? ... I wouldn't be writing this if it wasn't for NC's opinions. Besides, it is RC3, i.e. 1 & 2 have come and gone ... thus the label.

So ... I guess I am waiting (since everytime I need to do an update involves corporate IT for admin priviledges on my company laptop ... you know, they get tired of guys like me bothering them too.)

No option to "hang" the previous importer somewhere ... soon for me is tomorrow since me trip starts.

Dan

Dan,

The only fix for you is to install 1.10.33 Release Candidate 3 I'm afraid. That will solve your problem and allow you to import the .trp files into Logbook Pro.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We should have a release very soon in both APDL and Logbook Pro, by the end of the month for sure, if not sooner.

Back