Print Engine Stinks - PLEASE HELP!!

Hal,

I'll see what I can figure out to help you. Something is very wrong on your system and not with Logbook Pro! All tests here print fine and no other customers have reported any problems with this. Let me see if I can figure out what's going on with your config. Do you have another computer you can install and test with?

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

I have a W2KPro machine that I can try it on. But it will still be accessing the printer over the network. To be honest I have spent SO much time on this and hesitate to spend any more. I also have a local W98 machine that I can try it on also. Which one should I try it on?

I currently run Logbook Pro on a Dell D600 Laptop running XP Pro. Its where I run all my aviation software. THe printer is configured through a new port via TCP/IP; ie I don't access the printer from a computer sharing the printer; it's just on the network at an IP address.

Let me know what I should do next. Did you get my reports?

Thanks.
/Hal

Hal,

The troubleshooting is really up to you at this point. Like I said, I verified the reports are printing fine in 1.9.4 and on the very same printer as you have. If you want, try the Windows 2000 setup. If you can plug a computer direct to the printer and ensure you are using LPT1 (printer cable) as your printer setup, that would also help. I'm out for the weekend, will check back from time to time.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

It's a moot point. If there is something funky about my machine or XP that is causing the margin control to go awry, then seeing if it works on my 2000 machine with the printer directly connected won't help me. I need to run the software on my laptop - not on my 2000 machine.

I love Logbook Pro and will continue to use it. I will print out simple reports to serve as my logbook but will be seeking a refund on my leather logbook and paper since it doesn't work for me. Who should I contact regarding the details of how to get a refund?

Thanks.
/Hal

Hal,

As agreed at the time of purchase, we don't accept refunds. The reports that you print from Logbook Pro do not require anything additional for you to run and test prior to receiving a binder, therefore you can determine the printout prior to receiving a binder or paper if it's working properly. I too use Windows XP and the reports print perfectly with 1.9.4 on the HP LaserJet 2200 series. Make sure you are using PCL 6 drivers, not the older PCL 5. If you work with the margin settings, you can shift the report as necessary to fit the resulting perforated pages. Please contact me via e-mail at support@nc-software.com for any additional assistance necessary. Otherwise, this is an issue you will need to resolve with your printer and associated layout settings. You may want to try using FinePrint 5 (http://www.fineprint.com) to see if it will overcome the issues you are experiencing. The latest RDF's you sent me are perfect printouts.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Back