Print Lock Up

ZORO

Hi, what is happening is that whenever I select to print anything from LBpro, even if its just a currency report, the program locks up after the Print Dialog has appeared. Even if I try to cancel the print job from the print dialog box, the program is still frozen. regardless of wheather I click cancel or OK, the program freezes. I have selected the full update to go to 1.9.8.1, since I could not get the "check for updates" feature to work. Does that function like a complete reload? I'm thinking that may be the easy cure to my print problems is to reload, since I've never had a problem before with printing. (the last time I printed was b4 i updated to 1.9.8 though)

I just tried to install update 1.9.8.1 and get this error: "Error 1721. There is a problem with this Window Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

after clicking OK, I get:

Error 1603 Fatal error during installation. Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information

Hello,

I suggest uninstalling Logbook Pro (after backing up your data file via File..Archive..Backup) reboot, rename C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro to C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro OLD then install 1.9.8.2 which is slated to release Friday as we've had NO issues reported.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

I just tried to uninstall, and ran into the same problem with the uninstaller that I had with the installer: Error 1721. I guess if you don't have any other complaints about this, then this may just be a windows problem unique to me. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Hello,

No, I haven't had any reports of this issue. Unfortunately I am not able to investigate it completely at this time as I'm away on vacation thru Thursday. One more thing to try is ensuring Logbook Pro and all remnants have been removed. Investigate the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and ensure Logbook Pro is removed, then try installing 1.9.8.2 again. Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll research the issue with InstallShield.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Back