Retaining preferences when moving to a new machine

skwirl

I just purchased a new machine. I'm already over the worst parts: installing a validated (purchased) version of Logbook Pro and moving over the data itself.

On my old machine, I had customized the colors, columns, etc. as I pleased; those preferences do not seem to have been part of the data transfer.

All I did to transfer to data is to make a backup and restore from it. What else am I missing?

Cheers,

richard.

--
I don't like junk e-mail. Please do
not use this address for any
mailing lists or web-based services
without my permission.

I believe we may have corresponded on this via e-mail. The layout is stored in the data file, so the preferences should go with the data file. However, other settings are stored on the specific computer and I'll have to check the code to see if this is in fact the case. Is the column order remaining the same, if so, then it is working as advertised. If not, then there seems to be a problem with the preferences being preserved.

Let's try to trick the system on one thing. Set your colors and fonts THEN resize one of the columns and/or rearrange the order so Logbook Pro triggers a layout change and saves the layout. Then transfer to the new computer and see if the preferences follow.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back