Schedule Importer Updates

speedbump

Josh,

Just curious as to when you will be releasing a new schedule importer (Ref Air Canada Crewsware not picking up crew names) open ticket about 3 months old... Not a biggy I agree, however this is the longest I've ever seen for a 'identified' problem to be rectified... Would it be possible to fix the online version short term, and the downloadable version at a later date?

In the meantime, anyone who is affected by this problem I believe the easyiest 'work around' is to use the 'online schedule importer' and usie the 'edit' feature to add crew names. I find this far less time consuming than doing it on my Palm post schedule import.

Cheers,
Ian

Six weeks, no response... Is there an update in the works? I know its a small issue... Quote April 23/07 from Josh: "I am still working on this filter. I have received enough samples to finish the filter. Please keep them coming though so I can test this as much as possible before I release it."

[FONT=&quot]As of last week, there is a new Air Canada import filter based on the ReportLink data which solves all issues and even allows for crewname import (which you can edit also prior to finaliizing the import)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here is a step by step guide to reportlink imports:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Log in to Report Link[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Selective “active calendar” option for the month you want to import from[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Left click on the pairing Icon at the start of the first pairing you want to import. A new tab or window should appear with only the pairing info.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Left click on the “Printer Friendly Version” in the top right corner of the window (Not on “Print this page” which is on the left hand side). This should bring up a new tab/window with an embedded PDF document.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Left click at the start of the date (Top left) and hold. Then drag the mouse to the bottom right of the window stopping at the end of second pilot’s Rank which in most cases should be FO.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Right click on the highlighted section and select “Copy”.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Go the APDL online importer and select paste in the trip info section. You can either select “auto” recommended or select “Air Canada (ReportLink) Updated: 02/14/2010” then press “Import”. You should then get the “1 Trip added (1 Trip queued for DownloadComment in the trip info section. )”. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Repeat steps 3 to 7 for all other pairings in the month. Once done, select “Next” which brings you to the “Trip review and download section”. There you can edit each pairing as you see fit. (I.E. You can edit the crew section to enter only the information you have been used to importing into the logbook. For example, if you are accustomed to entering respective employee numbers, you can edit an add them here before importing to your Palm or PPC.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Once done importing trips, follow generic steps as provided in APDL documentation based on your PDA type.

JD
[/FONT]

Back