Scheduled/Actual times in Summary vs Schedule

yusukekun

I noticed that my flight times do not match between the "Schedule" page and "Summary" page. If I can figure out how to add my screen shots, I will.
On my SCHEDULE page, on the left side, it shows "scheduled 65+04, actual 77+00" for 1/1/2015-1/31/2015.
On my SUMMARY page, on the top right, it shows "scheduled 67+22, actual 79+24" for 1/1/2015-1/31/2-015.
I have similar differences for February. As far as I can tell, the SUMMARY page is accurate for the actual flight time flown for the month.
Am I missing something here? or is this a bug?

IMG_0017.PNGIMG_0022.PNG

I'm having exactly the same issue. Unfortunately, Andy, it is not a current day issue. When I compare the totals for January and February as described above, thus the current day should not be considered, they are different by several hours. If it would be helpful for me to include screenshots, which are very similar as the ones above, please let me know.

Thanks!

Eric Comer

It does not appear we are getting any response or feedback from the APDL Team so I decided to see if I could figure out what was going on. Here's what I found. In January it appears February 1st was included in the Summary Page totals. By my calculations, the Schedule Page totals are accurate for January. For February, it appears February 28th was not included in the Scheduled Page totals. And for March, it appears March 31st is not included in the Scheduled Page totals. By my calculations, the Summary Page totals appear to be accurate for both February and March.

Can anyone else confirm this with their data? Is this a known issue?

Hope this helps!

Eric Comer

Ok, while this isn't necessarily a solution to your problem, there is a separate issue that I'd like to eliminate as the cause for this.

Would you go to the summary page for January, February, and March and tap edit at the top right. Then tap reset to make sure there is not a custom date range contributing to this issue.

Let us know if that changes anything with the 28th and 31st being included in your totals.

Hey Andy, thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested and it ended up that my January dates were set to a custom range of January 1st through February 1st. When I reset the range, as expected the Summary Page showed the correct totals just like February and March. However, on the Schedule Page, the totals ended up not including the last day of the month, just like I previously described for February and March.

I played around with the custom date range on the Summary Page. If I set the custom range for a specific month to end on the first day of the next month, then the totals on the Schedule Page ended up being correct. The date range showed the inclusion of the first day of the next month (i.e. 1/1/2015 - 2/1/2015) but again the totals were correct for the month, not including the first of the next month.

It has been a long time since I wrote any code, but my guess is that when the totals for the Schedule Page were programmed, they might have calculated the number of days to include by using a day of the year function. For example, January 1st is the 1st day and January 31st is the 31st. When they subtracted the day of the year for the last day of the month from the first day of the month it comes up one day short (31-1=30). They should have subtracted and then added one. Take February for example. February 1st is the 32nd day of the year. February 28th is the 59th day of the year. 59-32+1=28. This is pure speculation on my behalf.

I hope this helps!

Eric Comer

Last edited:
In my case, it didn't resolve anything. I reset the dates on the summary page as described. No times changed. In my case, the summary page seems to have correct totals whereas the summary bar on the left of the schedule page shows incorrect totals. Those numbers did not change either and are still showing the same incorrect times.

In my case, it didn't resolve anything. I reset the dates on the summary page as described. No times changed. In my case, the summary page seems to have correct totals whereas the summary bar on the left of the schedule page shows incorrect totals. Those numbers did not change either and are still showing the same incorrect times.

If you add your scheduled and actual flight time from the last day of the month (Jan 31st, Feb 28th) to the totals on the Schedule Page are they then correct and the same as the totals on the Summary Page?

Whoa! Eric, you are a genius. Yes, adding the last day of the month to the SCHEDULE page made the numbers match my SUMMARY page. So for some reason, times are adding up correctly in my SUMMARY page but the last day is omitted on my SCHEDULE page.

Back