Syncing

n1txflyboy

Neal:
I have just installed the latest and greatest software for PDA and Logbook Pro V1.8.9. When I try to sync or download the info from my PDA (Palm IIIxe) Logbook Pro does not find the file, I have reinstalled the PDA software and the Hot Sync software and the OBC software from MS with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Bill

Please read the thread at the top of this form on Sync Errors. Uninstall the PDA software, then on the PC go to add/remove programs and uninstall the AppForge Universal Conduit. Install the MDAC and JET4 per the thread 'Sync Errors' and then reinstall the PDA software from the PC Palm Companion menu after rebooting.

Refer to the help file for uninstalling the software from the PDA. Essentially, delete Lbk Pro, all entries with 'ingot' in it, and Booster.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal: Prior to posting to the forum I uninstalled the PDA software and the conduit, then reinstalled as per the link you indicated, but am still having problems. It is like the file is placed somewhere other than where it is supposed to be.
Bill

Sorry: When I reinstalled both the conduit and PDA software, they were installed with the default settings. When I try to sync I do not get any errors but Logbook pro does not see the file generated, it's like it is either not there or in a different directory.

1) Make sure both the PC and PDA are registered with the PDA Companion unlock code

2) Try purging the data on the PDA (main switchboard, tools menu) and reload some data and try again.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back